Look out!

Fenghuang

Bingo.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well, I don't walk down the street in all black with red bandana's on...

I think they handled this perfectly.  The kid didn't get shot, and it shows that law enforcement agencies are present and willing to act.  I'd much rather have this then no police presence at all.  These cops are doing the best that they can...and their job is to protect us, so I will always give them the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with Hurlshot, and a cop is a cop dangit.

If I were an off-duty security guard walking by the school, and I saw a kid with two bandanas covering his face and black... warm-ups, I would be pretty suspicious. I'd follow him with my hand on my tazer and address him loudly from 10 feet away (so as to be able to duck for cover if a shuriken appears). Citizen's arrest style procedure.

Of course, if after talking to him he was reasonable and took off his bandanas and told a joke or two, I might don my own bandanas and join him.

Seriously, is this a society where you think everyone looking slightly suspecious is out to kill somebody?

And one more thing, who the **** would dress up as a ninja if he had criminal intentions... in broad daylight no less!?!?!?!?!

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

In America. Yes. Our criminals aren't exactly the brightest bunch.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

NINJA POWER OF THE MIND

Disclosed for the first time are actual training methods for tapping the mystical forces within. Breathing techniques, Meditation and Kuji-kiri hand symbols are covered in the text with diagrams and photographs. A trained Ninja mind can learn to control animals, endure pain, turn invisible, read minds and stun or injure opponents with a touch, shout or even a look.

--

But Ninja Jags already knows all that. I guess I'll have to wait for the second edition in order to learn the Art of Translocation. :(

manthing2.jpg

NINJA POWER OF THE MIND

Disclosed for the first time are actual training methods for tapping the mystical forces within. Breathing techniques, Meditation and Kuji-kiri hand symbols are covered in the text with diagrams and photographs. A trained Ninja mind can learn to control animals, endure pain, turn invisible, read minds and stun or injure opponents with a touch, shout or even a look.

--

But Ninja Jags already knows all that.  I guess I'll have to wait for the second edition in order to learn the Art of Translocation.  :shifty:

The Jawa on the cover makes it true.

Anyway it has long been suspected that the ninjas have been planning something against the 12 Bankers.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This article actually seems to be a bit inaccurate. I read about it in our local newspaper (I live about 30 minutes from UGA). That article seems to make it sound like they pointed guns at him and got him to stop, but our local paper quoted people and cited that the ATF tackled him to the ground with little warning and no identification after hearing sirens in the background. I guess they thought he was running away from the scene of a crime or something. Poorly handled though.

It's a pretty awkward meeting point between civil rights and civil safety: if the "ninja" was a potential bomber / evil-twin Chuck Norris, then the law enforcement have to neutralize the threat, first. "Take life to save life" is an understandable policy; however, it demands accurate intelligence and rigorous standards and scrupulous review, lest the public lose confidence in the police. Recently, just after the 7/7 London bombing, a man was shot dead by the London Metropolitan Police on a commuter train (in front of the public): initially the police (including the Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair) reported that he was a suspected bomber.

Subsequently, it has been proved that he was only guilty of overstaying his work visa.

There is now an investiation underway to ascertain why Sir Ian made a false statement.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

But ninjas? why the **** would som dangerous criminal dress like that?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"