Is it wrong to be selfish?

Eddo36

There is no such thing as altruism ( IMO) because man is self intrested in everything he does. But there is room for compassion still with empathy...

I'm going to agree with the above.

We all have an agenda to our actions...true, some have more wide-reaching and/or positive agendas...haha...but it's still an agenda.

It's the lack of empathy or conscious remorse/consideration for the fact that something they're doing may affect someone else negatively, that I think people are really objecting to.

Just because you don't visit your sick aunt or you spend more money in a day than some people see in 5 years doesn't make you 'selfish' in of itself.

And no, I wouldn't live in a hut to cure poverty because I know that's not actually possible and it's just a stupid rhetorical question. If people want to examine moral fiber they should pose realistic hypothetical situations, not utter-fantasy ones. :shifty:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm. Interesting. So when y'all grab the biggest piece of pie... or even horde the entire pie to yourself... this is a good thing? When you take what pleases you without considering the needs of others, this is a good thing?

Well. Makes me glad my time on this planet is almost up. :)

Hmm.  Interesting.  So when y'all grab the biggest piece of pie... or even horde the entire pie to yourself... this is a good thing?  When you take what pleases you without considering the needs of others, this is a good thing? 

Well.  Makes me glad my time on this planet is almost up.  ;)

Don't GO ~Di! :'(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT