The Fate of the Galaxy

If you chose the fate of the galaxy, what would it be?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. If you chose the fate of the galaxy, what would it be?

• Remain with the Light; destroy the Sith and save the Republic
    • Use your power to bring the Sith to glory and destroy the Jedi
    • Rule you own faction, and conquer the pretender Sith Lords
    • Save the Republic, let the Jedi control their own destiny
    • Leave the face of the galaxy, go into exile
    • Use the Force to destroy all Jedi, Sith, the Republic, and all life
    • Embrace your anger, destroy all that you come into contact
    • Slay your life-long foe, then let the galaxy go about its own
    • Hunt the Jedi and Sith into extinction; the galaxy needs none
    • End the pain and chaos which was your life lived by the Force

I voted save the Republic, let the Jedi control there destiny. Mainly because if I'm going to be forced to be a Force Adept/User I'm going to do it outside the Jedi Order. Still be lightside, but not be a part of the Order. Because, frankly, I think their rules, their goals, and their Code is unrealistic.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

episode 3 makes that statement true

Actually no...In the long run, Dark side always get it's crappy, corrupted and wrinkled ass kicked by storytellers. Of course occasionally sith'll have the edge simply because kicking LS's shining shaved holy butt helps them from falling madness.

If not, storytellers would become crazy as Crimson King. I mean, who could kick ugly DS ass all the time and keep his/her sanity? Kicking LS's ass gives them some luxury, like holiday after long months of work.

On other hand, what am I talking about... :lol:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I chose the first one. I don't see Jedi destroying planets, raping Banthas, and the like... no Sith means I can sit back and relax on a saturday afternoon on the beaches of the Builder's planet while listening to the Rancor Trio with my Ipod-o-cron and watching Twilek girls bathing and giggling....*knowing* the planet won't become a cinder anytime soon. Pass the Corellian ale, will you?

:-:blink:

I would also reform the Jedi Council, though. That unrealistic and dehumanizing emptying of emotions they espouse (and other irritating contradictions) ticks me off at times. Controlling bad emotions, OK, but the GOOD ones as well?  Bleh... 

Ah, but there lies the problem. Emotions are not good or evil, only how people react because of them are. Take anger. You might say that's a bad emotion, but what if that anger is due to injustice in your society, and it makes you react and protest with the result that the injustice is exposed and fairness is restored. Then anger is not a bad thing is it?

Or maybe you think love is good? It would not seem to be good in Anakin's case, and indeed many, many evil things have been done for love. Paris may have loved Helena, but when all of Troy is destroyed for his love, it cannot be called a good thing per se, can it?

That's the problem with emotions. The jedi understand that, though I would agree with you (and Jolee) that they go rather too far in how they deal with this "problem".

Why no one ever gives good reason why DS rules? :o

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Because there actually isn't. >_<

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Going into exile sounds rather peaceful....It doesn't matter which body is ruling/governing the known galaxy, corruption will always be there (i.e. the golden rule: whoever has the gold makes the rules). You might think the republic stands for democracy but at the end of the day it always seems the bureaucracy of government never lets it get anywhere. Sith rule, while not favourable, does seem to get the job done (albeit through use of fear/violence and obviously when there is one powerful enough to keep the little sithy rug-rats under control).

I'd rather leave all that behind and live the quieter life on some planet out-of-the-way of the common traveller....

You're feeble skills are no match for the power of the Bumfluff!!

the galaxy would be totally boaned if it were in Ian's hands

Yeah, right... :rolleyes: