Light vs. Dark Side

Guest JediMaster777

i would have to say that th dark side is alot better then the light side for 2 reasons,1 being that when u enter freedom nadds tomb on duxun its very help full to have death feild and force storm,2 being that when you get to darth traya- me your going to need it and force crush!

Well, about being able to raise DC against offensive Force power rolls would be to use Force Immunity at the most but can also be removed. If a PC has an Electrical Capacitance Shield, it would absorb 3/4 of Force Storm damage, being a DS Force power that has substantial electrical damage otherwise.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

i would have to say that th dark side is alot better then the light side for 2 reasons,1 being that when u enter freedom nadds tomb on duxun its very help full to have death feild and force storm,2 being that when you get to darth traya- me your going to need it and force crush!

I did fine through those parts without darkside powers. It was easy either way.

Not if the save succeeds

yes true but if he used force breach it works automatically so he wouldn be able to save it would do about 30 dammage!

:shifty:

It won't.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

DS Plague had its duration reduced by quite a bit in K2. In K1, its duration was much longer.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well...the best offensive force powers are for dark players.....being a 25 sith maurader allows you to do 100 vp of damage with master lightening.....it really works......

DS Force scream does some damage and lowers attributes and lasts for around 30 seconds and has DC 10.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Guest darth_nocens
Okay, my question to you is which side of the force in your oppinions is better. At first I thought dark side no contest because of force storm, but I realized how incredible defensive force powers can be. For example, theres force valor which at master level can increase every party members attribute points by 5 and there saving throws by 5. Also, If you combine that with inspire followers your team will be unstoppable. Not to mention my jedi master has an extremely high charisma thus increasing their fighting potential even more. The lightside can just use force wave for offense, because a counsler/master will recieve +6 wisdom meaning you will almost always knock your opponets down on the ground with it. Therefore I will make the assessment that the Light side is better.

i have to admit darth traya/kreia is right on this 1.

dark side cannot prevail over light and vice versa

dark side offensive powers would only take a bit of health off of light side deffensive powers but totally go dark

Would agree to some extent, so far in terms of catatonic effects, only DS Insanity has slightly longer duration than LS Stasis. Granted that Force Scream does not really have high damage anyway apart from attribute negations.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Insanity is a will save. It sticks a lot more often than wave or stasis. Insanity becomes area effect at level 9, stasis at 15. IMHO, insanity wins hands down. For LS consulars, I don't even bother with wave and stasis anymore. I give them insanity and lightning. Considering my charisma is usually close to 20, the cost in FPs is acceptable.

I think both sides are great... but to truly understand the Force you should learn both sides. I finished both K1 & K2 in light and dark but I always learned powers from the other side as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we could ask what kind of balance in terms of the Force.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧