The Cliche' of KotOR

Correction:

... assuming again Kreia was being honest (very clever that one giving ambiguous answers such as Exile: "do you know so-and-so?" to which Kreia answers: "not a one"  Hee, hee, hee :x )

That should have been writen as: ... Exile "Do you have any clue how so-and-so happened?" to which Kreia answers: "Not a one" ...

:"> To quote Yoshimo (Baldur's Gate II) "How embarassing" :blink:

Edited by Hekate

I don't understand how similarities=clich

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't understand how similarities=clich

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How many Bio games have you played? It is very very usual plot twist in their games. Strange that I was like WTF when Bastila turned to DS. I should've guessed it

BG and NWN original (Aribeth, d'oh! :"> ) are the only 2 i've finished. Didn't finish BG II and Fallout (is Planescape: Torment a BioWare title? Didn't get past 5 mins after leaving the morgue for the first time). So i haven't finished most. Does that mean i suck? :D On second thought, don't answer that :'(

Haven't played Diablo so i haven't a clue what Musopticon? meant by "phat lewt huntah". Or is that computer person-speak and that is why i don't understand it?

Haven't played Diablo so i haven't a clue what Musopticon? meant by "phat lewt huntah". Or is that computer person-speak and that is why i don't understand it?

He is mocking the typical MMORPG 13-year olds.

Edited by Blank

personally i didnt care that kotor was a cliche in everyway to the movies, but it was different, you had to do your own stuff and i liked the fact that it was a cliche, different genre and other things but it related it back to the movies which gave it a similarity feel, and that you knew what you where doing in a sence

He is mocking the typical MMORPG 13-year olds.

Oh... thanks :p(whisper) By the way, what language do they speak? ;)

personally i didnt care that kotor was a cliche in everyway to the movies, but it was different, you had to do your own stuff and i liked the fact that it was a cliche, different genre and other things but it related it back to the movies which gave it a similarity feel, and that you knew what you where doing in a sence

Yup. That it is set in the SW universe lends familiarity and players already have a sense of the SW *feel*. And they also have familiarity with the overriding concepts and themes ie: the Force, the tech, the political structure, etc...

So i haven't finished most. Does that mean i suck?  :D  On second thought, don't answer that  :'(

:D

Thanks Blank. It's not often my text gets translated so.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Go to hiss somewhere else. We are quite on topic, while you on the other hand are not. Please remove youself from the thread if your intention is to continue on that, n00b.

Anyways, what I meant with the lewt huntah was just that, there's a focus on equipment that becomes gradually stornger just like you and, again just like you, gets to reidiculous levels in power. Granted, it's not very fair to torch the game for doing what all rpgs seem to do, but seeing all the various equipment threads and moanings about the random generation I must admit I'm not so sure if this games focus was the roleplaying.

Then again, it could just be the fans, like our spamming friend above.

kirottu said:

"lewt huntah" .... (w00t) loot hunter! :D

Anyways, what I meant with the lewt huntah was just that, there's a focus on equipment that becomes gradually stornger just like you and, again just like you, gets to reidiculous levels in power. Granted, it's not very fair to torch the game for doing what all rpgs seem to do, but seeing all the various equipment threads and moanings about the random generation I must admit I'm not so sure if this games focus was the roleplaying.

Sure it's fair. Torch away... i may be a lone bastion standing against the tide of hack and slash, but i play the RPGs for the story and character interactions. It's like reading a book, except being an active participant in it, and it's one i re-read numerous times and can try different perspectives out in. I don't mind combat in amounts of even beyond respectable moderation, but when the game deteriorates into an endless stream of Smurfs vs. Godzilla (*cough* Malachor V), i get irked <_<

I think part of the reason there is such a preoccupation with equipment and all that stems from the desire to get the most out of the game.

Edited by Hekate

To my adoring fan:

Off-topic. Leave. Why are the two words so hard to digest? Is it because of the obvious lack of any language skills whatsoever or is it because of your age? I'm willing to go with the latter one and let this whole thing rest, it's your damn post count after all(over 1000 posts of trivial doodlihoot is not a good thing), but if you persist on spamming over this I am sure I can come up with something to make your forum life even more unpleasant. No, that's not a threat, those are prohibited. It's an eventuality. Now go bother someone else, you are boring me, newbster. XOXO

To the witch of the crossroads:

"I think part of the reason there is such a preoccupation with equipment and all that stems from the desire to get the most out of the game."

I think that's a good point, I hadn't think about it that way. You could say that the whole forum is a standing evidence on how much we are achievers. Gamewise, I mean. Some of that stems from the fact that the vast majority of this forums populace are SW fans, but many are rpg-fan(atic)s and getting their money's worth...is everything. :D I don't think it's only the snese of fullfilment or the predicament I call loothinting, but the on truth that getting totally immersed into a game and trying to get everything, every ounze of enjoyment out of it comes naturally to us. It's going to be our downfall :lol:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Da munchkin disease.

edit: Oo, Musopticon send one of those owning messages. :lol:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

To the witch of the crossroads

i channel the Stupid Side of the Force, so i don't know if that is a compliment :D or if i should cry... :'( Or was that a sneaky reference to Hecate? :)

I think that's a good point, I hadn't think about it that way. You could say that the whole forum is a standing evidence on how much we are achievers. Gamewise, I mean. Some of that stems from the fact that the vast majority of this forums populace are SW fans, but many are rpg-fan(atic)s and getting their money's worth...is everything. :D I don't think it's only the snese of fullfilment or the predicament I call loothinting, but the on truth that getting totally immersed into a game and trying to get everything, every ounze of enjoyment out of it comes naturally to us.

Yeah! And that is why in my games, i like to reload conversations numerous times and try all the dialogue options. I figure the devs put so much effort into it, i want to see everything they came up with. Also, i get a better sense of what the characters acutally mean since the player character's dialogue is often ambiguous and sometimes, down right confusing. Which incidentally is another cliche. How dialogue options are left with open-ended meanings as a shortcut to explain away inconsistencies. RPG fans, from what i noticed, tend to be a bit more into the story and characters (etc..) than the action. Or at least, those are what stay with the players in the long run.

It's going to be our downfall :lol:

Damn straight! :lol:

The more i say the word cliche, where once i was completely certain of its meaning, now i fear i am finding it difficult to hold onto that meaning. Spooky :unsure:

Edited by Hekate

We all realize the biggest cliche of all...

HOTH!

No no no...Tatooine is biggest cliche. <_<

HOTH!

wrong... hoth is probably the most used battle in the WORLD.

Also I consider hoth to be more of a cliche because it's harder to impliment. Considering the sheer number of games that either A) mention it as a part of the plot or B) find some single piece of the freaking battle that hasn't been used, I'd consider hoth to be bigger than tattooine.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

HOTH!

wrong... hoth is probably the most used battle in the WORLD.

:lol:

It is BIGGEST cliche of whole SW. Unless ESB it has been in each film, dozens of games and books etc.

It is even in Empire at War, C'mon, if there is 40 systems, why in hell one of those would be minor and unimportant Tatooine.

Tatooine is cliche.

Lol, appereance list from wookiepedia:

* Shadows and Light

* Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

* Episode I Adventures 5: The Ghostling Children

* Star Wars: Battlefront

* Star Wars Republic: Prelude to Rebellion

* Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

* Star Wars: Episode I Racer

* Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

* Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles

* Star Wars Republic: Outlander

* Star Wars Republic: Twilight

* Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

* Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

* Boba Fett: Hunted

* Star Wars Battlefront II

* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

* Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

* Old Wounds (Non-canonical appearance)

* Empire at War

* Star Wars Empire: Darklighter

* Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika

* Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)

* Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

* Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina

* Star Wars 3-D

* Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

* Marvel Star Wars 31: Return to Tatooine

* Marvel Star Wars 32: The Jawa Express

* Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

* The Star Wars Holiday Special

* Star Wars: Demolition

* Shadows of the Empire

* Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

* Tales from Jabba's Palace

* The Bounty Hunter Wars

* Marvel Star Wars 81: Jawas of Doom

* X-wing: Rogue Squadron

* Tatooine Ghost

* Darksaber

* Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

* Junior Jedi Knights: Promises

(quoted myslef from first page :() Hoth is big cliche, yes, but not that big

you forget that they added hoth to EAW too.

No, he didn't.

It is BIGGEST cliche of whole SW. Unless ESB it has been in each film, dozens of games and books etc.

It is even in Empire at War, C'mon, if there is 40 systems, why in hell one of those would be minor and unimportant Tatooine.

Tatooine is cliche.

He just mentioned it before the list, which is from Wookieepedia and seems not to have been updated yet. Which is an excellent reason.

how is tatooine a cliche' they just add it into everything its because it is a significant planet to the star wars series, and its basically the only whole desert planet (yes there are more, but we know tatooine the best)

how is tatooine a cliche' they just add it into everything its because it is a significant planet to the star wars series, and its basically the only whole desert planet (yes there are more, but we know tatooine the best)

Tatooine isn't important planet. Remember Luke's comment from ANH...

Heck, only important thing that have ever happened in Tatooine is raising of both Skywalkers. And neither of 'em was born there <_<

Just sand, farmers and sandpeople. (And Jawas)

that point which you point out, the sand people farmers and jawas ect. aspect is true, it isnt that entertaining, or intriguing in any way, but i was refering to the fact that like you said, both skywalkers where raised there and it was basically the whole root of the events that occur after.