Would Vandar have been better if...

I think had they stayed in that office, Yoda would have won, and in answer to the topic, I think it was fine the way he talked. If anyone had heard Yaddle talk, We could determine whther Vandar had bad speech, or Yoda did...

I thought Yaddle talked like Yoda instead of Vandar...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Read the book. Yoda couldn't win because for 1000 years the Jedi, and even the greatest avatars of light and justice in the end were just playing errand boy on the petty disputes of senators. The Sith while still hiding had been preparing to destroy the Jedi for all of those years. Sidious had the edge of being able to outdo Yoda because Yoda hadn't spent all of that time to fight lightsaber combat like Sidious had. Yoda was far more powerful, but because of the secrecy and subtlty of the Sith, he just didn't have it. He couldn't have won. Therefore even though it didn't appear that he was losing, he realized that in the end he was fighting to a draw or a loss and simply left to find another way. Then he used the exact secrecy method the Sith had.

Sidious won on tactical edge and preparation. The smart way.

Read the book. Yoda couldn't win because for 1000 years the Jedi, and even the greatest avatars of light and justice in the end were just playing errand boy on the petty disputes of senators. The Sith while still hiding had been preparing to destroy the Jedi for all of those years. Sidious had the edge of being able to outdo Yoda because Yoda hadn't spent all of that time to fight lightsaber combat like Sidious had. Yoda was far more powerful, but because of the secrecy and subtlty of the Sith, he just didn't have it. He couldn't have won. Therefore even though it didn't appear that he was losing, he realized that in the end he was fighting to a draw or a loss and simply left to find another way. Then he used the exact secrecy method the Sith had.

Sidious won on tactical edge and preparation. The smart way.

I always hated fight scene of Ep III novel.

No, I dont believe THAT explanation. That is BS.

Palpy didn't "exercise" his lightsaber skills whole time. Against who? <_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

With who? Darth Maul maybe? Or perhaps it was Darth Tyranus? But they would not have been good sparring partners, since they died easily at the hands of the Jedi.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Yeah

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Guest JediMaster777
that was extremely odd, and contradictory, in eps 1+2+3 he was serious he acted like a jedi master, wise and so on, but in ep 5 he was just a crazy munchkin jerk,  maybe the darkside of dagobah got to him

You would be a little crazy to if you were isolated in exile for years and years and years.

that was extremely odd, and contradictory, in eps 1+2+3 he was serious he acted like a jedi master, wise and so on, but in ep 5 he was just a crazy munchkin jerk,  maybe the darkside of dagobah got to him

You would be a little crazy to if you were isolated in exile for years and years and years.

i wouldnt say exile, more like hiding, and on dagobah ther are plenty of darkside animals and *things* to kill!

He would have recieved training from his Master, and he would maybe have fought against Jedi in secret, like Maul did. I'm not aggreeing, or trying to prove anyone wrong, but I think this holds up.

Meh, that would be very dumb. Palpy, the secret jedi killer! DUH!

Yoda was cool in ESB :blink:

He would have recieved training from his Master, and he would maybe have fought against Jedi in secret, like Maul did. I'm not aggreeing, or trying to prove anyone wrong, but I think this holds up.

Meh, that would be very dumb. Palpy, the secret jedi killer! DUH!

Yoda was cool in ESB :lol:

Why is that dumb? Most people believe that is how Anakin got a seat on the Council, Palpatine revealed himself to Even Piell (The small Jedi Master with the massive ears), and killed him to bring Anakin closer to the dark side.

Anyway, we're going off topic. Does anyone have any books or comics with Yaddle in them? We could then determine whethey Yoda had weird speech, or Vandar did. Sorry if anyone has already posted that.

you mean crazy, and broken

Broken? Nah. He was PUPPET in old films <_<

Crazy? NAH! He just tests Luke

Why is that dumb? Most people believe that is how Anakin got a seat on the Council, Palpatine revealed himself to Even Piell (The small Jedi Master with the massive ears), and killed him to bring Anakin closer to the dark side.

:lol:

Edited by Xard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If there were a few important flashbacks apart from dialogue (not same as visions in K1) in K2 to progressively introduce what happened between K1 and K2 that were interweaved thoughtfully into TSL, including how Jedi fell to DS Assassins on Katarr, much of what remains unknown would not be such a mystery anymore to PCs.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think he just used an opportunity. In the end, whether Anakin was on the Council or not didn't matter much.

• 4 weeks later...
Yoda was hilarious in the old trilogy, but in the new films he just drives me up the wall.  The scene where hes breaking all of Luke's stuff and cackling is just pure physical comedic awsomeness.  But wow, is he lame in the new trilogy or what?  It was better when he only occasionally said thing backwards.  BAD idea to make him speak backwards EVERY DAMN LINE.

Yes, but in SW Episode III: ROTS, his lines were not exactly that hard to follow. Might have been in TPM and maybe AOTC.

Besides, some of his dialogue lines before battling Darth Sidious was not exactly that hard to know, which was something like "Misplaced is your faith in your new apprentice, as is your faith of the dark side".

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧