voice actors

Calax

I'm just wondering where game companies draw talent for the voices of the various characters.

I admit that I'd love to be a voice actor but I doubt that'd happen.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Something to think about at least....not as a full-time career, mind you, but as an extra influx of cash and fun to do. Always been told I have a distinct (In a good way) voice. :p"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I used to do commercial focus groups: free beer and pretzels whilst people ask you a series of questions about their new and exciting marketing ideas ... AND you get paid!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I used to do commercial focus groups: free beer and pretzels whilst people ask you a series of questions about their new and exciting marketing ideas ... AND you get paid!

So where does one sign up? :D :)"

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I was impressed that Tara Stone voices both Toots and Princess Clara in Drawn Together. I had no idea untill I wiki'd it.

I'd give her my support for some NWN2 vo's but I'm not sure how Obsidian and her could work the details out.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Am a fan of Kath Soucie in Icewind Dale II & BG II, personally. A person's voice probably changes over time, though. But I imagine professional voice actors/actresses likely possess tone ranges that normal people don't.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

• 6 months later...