Modding Help

It may sound difficult at first, but actually it isn't.

Most mods come with a redame which gives instructions on installing, using, and u-installing the mod. Still most mods are installed by extracting the given number of files into your "Override" folder. (if you do not have such a folder, create one)

This may help you, not to mention there are great links: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=37308&st=0

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Also when ever I would press the install botton it would tell me to put it in my override folder that I made but i thought I already had it in there.

Then it would give me a list of places like My computer, documents, c drive , ect.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Ok, you have a self extracting M0D...

just select the Kot0R II folder in "Lucasarts" during the installation...

would it be any help if I said this is a K1 game

Well if It dosen't then Im still confused. I did try what you said though

when ever I try to install it would tell me that I need to pick a program to install it in when ever I would pick it would say invalid game folder. There is no option for a Kotor folder under the browse is that my problem cause thats were they want me to install.

RedHawkes's Revan/sith/bastila's Item pack

Blastor/droid armor pack

Revans different color clothes

bastila outfits

females different ending with carth

0k, those all work on my game so it isn't the mods fault...

what have you done so far?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

so far I have tried putting it on my winrar and then I put it right in the Lucas arts section of the Kotor files. thats about it besides the pressing the install button on Redhawkes Mod his Mod wants me to put it under a file thats in my browse box if you know what I mean.

ok, try this...

first, most WINRAR mods are in a zipped folder and in that folder another folder that contains the mod. now you have to take the mod out of the folder and put in your override for it to work, so I would look and see if you have a bunch of files in your override that are labeled the same as your mods...

next, for the self-installing mod, try just selecting the Kot0R I folder when you use it...

If this dose not work just post again, and I will type yup my next idea of what might be wrong...

DN

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

still not working but I think its all me thats not working.

I think Im putting it in the override but then I think im not. not really sure of what you mean and now its saying something like it needs the tsl file with the mod cause I think I separated it and I tried putting it back together but it won't come together for some reason do you know how to put it back together

Try deleting everything in your override folder *you'll need to reinstall the 1.0b patch if you have that). next unzip all the mods to a different folder (I use a folder called Kot0R I for my Kot0R I mods :thumbsup: ) and look at them. if you see a mass of files with names like apperance.2da you should cut, or copy, those into your override folder. if you see a bunch of files with names like RHRevenRobes open those and cut/copy the files you find into the override folder. that should fix your problem... :D

DN

-Hurlshot

Hey Deadly_Nightshade, while you're on the subject of mods in general, do you know if there is a MOD where you can keep mission alive in K1 if you go dark side? that would be cool...

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Try "The Beach of Death"...

I think you can deside not to kill her in favor of other party members...

(carth)

thanks! ill try that one. i always wanted to kill that whiner right there, dont understand why bioware didnt give you a choice.

oh ya, dont worry about e-mailing it, now that im settled into my new house, i can access unfiltered internet on this computer.

Edited by HK-47_THE_MEATBAG_KILLER

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."