DVD-R Burners

Elven6

I was wondering does anyone know of a program that allows you too burn decoders on to a dvd along with your videos? I need a program besides Sonic Studios so if anyone has n e ideas please post.

Thanks

What means it to "burn decoders"?

Also, just in case you aren't aware, may I draw your attention to the forum guidelines, just in case someone (not you!) accidentally suggests something that might be construed to contravene them. :lol:

Advertisement: This forum is not to be used to advertise or distribute products, services or copyrighted material. Please do not post scans of magazine articles about our games

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Are you asking about adding the codex required to run the DVD to the DVD itself?

Self extracting I assume?

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I really don't know, I talked to the company who made the dvd player and they told me I should use a burner that burns the decoder onto the disc, but Tech Support was closed for the weekend so that didn't help.

So I belive its a codex

It sounds like he wants to burn a DivX file onto a DVD and include the codec so that somehow the player can read the file. To my knowledge that is impossible, some players can play DivX because they have the coded integrated in the firmware and the only way to get it to play different formats requiring other codecs is to alter the firmware

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've seen DVDs that do include the codex on the disk but it usually comes with a menu for you to start from. One of the options is installing the codex. At that point, the DVD becomes playable if your system wouldn't play it before. I don't think it will work on a DVD stand-alone player though. Only on a PC.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.