Dedicated Physics Processor, available now

kumquatq3

Sounds to me like it'd be more the game code than the card itself.

I'm not so sure. I have yet to play a game with AGEIA physics which really wowed me. It just seemed to be "okay, so enemies ragdoll less than realistically." You can't drag them, or even bump into them.

*Shrugs* It is possible that games aren't taking advantage of all its features, but that could be because the features themselves suck.

I haven't read up about the card a whole lot, but the little bit that I am makes it sound like it's a physics accelerator, much like a graphics accelerator. I'm not sure how it would do ragdoll physics differently than the software version of a game...or why it would either.

Awesome 3D graphics cards don't stop a game that has ugly graphics from being ugly, or sloppy code from being slow.

I haven't read up about the card a whole lot, but the little bit that I am makes it sound like it's a physics accelerator, much like a graphics accelerator.  I'm not sure how it would do ragdoll physics differently than the software version of a game...or why it would either.

Awesome 3D graphics cards don't stop a game that has ugly graphics from being ugly, or sloppy code from being slow.

My point wasn't that the card will screw up, but rather that AGEIA has not impressed me with their software physics, so I don't know how I feel about their hardware physics.