The Cowboys and T.O.

Gray_Jedi_Knight

All one has to point to is the following:

Before TO - Philedelphia couldn't even reach the SB.

With TO - They made it to the SB. Sure, he was injured during the play-offs; but he was their motivation. And, come SB, after coming back from a serious injury because of his heart and desire, he did AWESOME in the SB, and Philedelphia lost because their QB choked.

After TO - They had a winning record with TO in the first half of the season, after the big blow out, and he was booted off, they were one of the worst teams in the league.

While TO is no angel, and did handle various situations wrong those who paint him as the Ultimate Villain tm, and the Eagles as the Innocent Angels tm are simply wrong. The Eagles are just poorly managed.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's a team sport. Either you're a team player and you respect your fellows as they should respect you, or, quite frankly, you don't deserve to play the game at the professional level.

Owens really isn't all that brilliant anyway...and to say that a receiver can carry a team is just plain ignorant. The QB has to get him the ball in the first place in order for him to be anything but sprinter who runs in patterns. You need a strong line in to give said QB the time necessary to even get the ball off...

The Eagles had all those things pretty down pat...they just tend to choke under pressure, much like the Bears.

And now...I'm sleeping...exhausted. Maybe Oblivion will get here tomorrow and I can finally get some worthwhile time wasting in.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

With TO - They made it to the SB. Sure, he was injured during the play-offs; but he was their motivation. And, come SB, after coming back from a serious injury because of his heart and desire, he did AWESOME in the SB, and Philedelphia lost because their QB choked.

Hahahahahahahaha.

"It's a team sport. Either you're a team player and you respect your fellows as they should respect you, or, quite frankly, you don't deserve to play the game at the professional level."

Works both ways. Also, btw, most of TO's former teammates from SF and Philedelphia *do* respect him.

"say that a receiver can carry a team is just plain ignorant."

They can sure as heck make the difference, and can make a QB look better than they are. Why do you think Dallas went out, and paid big bucks for him?

Remember, with TO, we aren't just talking about any 'ol reciever; but likely the best (if not top 3) recievers in the game. That's the elite of the elite.

And, we'll see this when Dallas joins the Giants in the Play-Offs while Philedelphia sits at home crying.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.