Sci-Fi Shows

Plano Skywalker

Not yours alone, though. I don't watch much television, but I had two room-mates during the TNG years. They absolutely loathed Wesley Crusher. I never saw him in the series. However, I think the red haired doctor was his mother and I thought she was a little hottie.

I have yet to pick up the Firefly series on DVD, but I'm edging closer to it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't know, Wesley Crusher was a character for whom I never had much of an affinitty. In fact, the character often ruined a good TNG plot line solely by being on screen - imo of course ;)
You're killing me, man!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'd say thebvest overall is DS9, whose last two seasons are just awesom,e.

I'll have to agree with you on that, Numbers. The only thing I didn't like about DS9s' final run was all the time spent with Dukat and that Bajoran Priestess skank.

Aside from that I'd say DS9 then the rest are about the same.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have yet to pick up the Firefly series on DVD, but I'm edging closer to it.

Firefly remains the first sch-fi show I have seen transmit a novel like feel to the visual medium. It is well worth it my friend when you do have time - though we are repeating covered ground, aren't we ;)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

That's right, Neelix. The most annoying fiction character in a space opera ever, barring Jar Jar binks.

I don't know, Wesley Crusher was a character for whom I never had much of an affinitty. In fact, the character often ruined a good TNG plot line solely by being on screen - imo of course ;)

Sorry Fio - but I think I'll prefer some teenage bratling over a schizophrenic, slack jawed, wannabe funnyman, freak any day of the week. In fact, the only good episode with Neelix was when a transporter accident merged him with Tuvok. Shame they "killed off" the new guy by the end of the episode.

manthing2.jpg

Well, I don't know. Granted, most of Dukat's nonsense seems to be superfluous, and tbh, it was getting old real fast, but without it, I don't see how the end for the spiritual theme that is a constant for the whole show could be reached. And in the emd., the result isn't that bad.

Still, Id0'rather recommend firefly.. ;)"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

How can I argue with that ... especially as it made me laugh out loud! Thanks.

Neelix was never an issue for me. The love interest line added a certain depth as VOY struggled to understand what it was - never fulfilled unfortunately. Hindsight is indeed telling - and watching reruns now, I do find the character weak, but not a Crusher toppler ;)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Sorry Fio - but I think I'll prefer some teenage bratling over a schizophrenic, slack jawed, wannabe funnyman, freak any day of the week.  In fact, the only good episode with Neelix was when a transporter accident merged him with Tuvok.  Shame they "killed off" the new guy by the end of the episode.
OMGWTFBBQ Tuvix FTW!

That last season of DS9 (as well as the run-in of eps leading to its finale) were indeed awesome. Not all were there some totally kick ass space battles (and space karate dueling too!), but everyone had their story/theme neatly wrapped up. Like Numbers said, the spiritual thing with Dukat and the Bajoran chick (Kai Winn?), Odo becoming "one with the ooze" etc.

And as Hades said in the other thread, they should have finished SG1 last season when Richard Dean Anderson's character retired. The way this Ori crap is dragging on is killing me!

manthing2.jpg

Sorry Fio - but I think I'll prefer some teenage bratling over a schizophrenic, slack jawed, wannabe funnyman, freak any day of the week.  In fact, the only good episode with Neelix was when a transporter accident merged him with Tuvok.  Shame they "killed off" the new guy by the end of the episode.
OMGWTFBBQ Tuvix FTW!

ROFLMAOTUNAS4NDW17CH YA RLY!1 LOL!1

NumberMan: +15 TOMBS

manthing2.jpg

How could Winn not know that was Dukat?  Man what a ditz.
Well, he had a smooth nose at the time, you know. Who could ever resist that?

And Roms' kid screaming his ass off when he lost his leg was kind of neat too.
Yeah, the whole thing with Nog going from a pesky kid to... what he became later in the series is really cool. Unfortunatel,y they kijda scrwed the Grand Nagus plot in the endm, IMO.

Okay, enough about DS9. So what do you 1337 geeks think of ENT? I think they killed it off when it was starting to take of...

Evil Hoshi was awesome. The hull plating thing made me laugh out loud every time the Enterprise was about to get attacked.

I can't really say any of the episodes really stuck out as all that great. All I can seem to remember us T'Pol.............. A bit too many time travel episodes for me made me think I was watching Quantum Leap again.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Evil Hoshi was awesome.
Heh, yeah. In fact, I think the two mirror universe episodes were the overall best of the series, what with the cool intro and all.

And yeah. The temporal cold war was trite as [insert profanity filter workaround here]. The thing with the earthlings trying to unify their neighbors in what would come to be the federation was much more interesting, and less far-fetched imo,.

And, ahem

240x320.jpg

Green women. :wub:

Didn't we?

Also, Jags what happened to your hilarious sig?  Not that I mind Grimlock.  He smart.

Hey jaguars4ever,

Um ... there's some funny stuff in that, and there's always a but ... the language and some of the imagery would likely not amuse admin - would you mind please removing it?

F

manthing2.jpg

I'm betting he had to drop it because of the "f-bomb" it contained. :wub:

Jags wins TOMBS for that sig alone, though.