Photo and photoshop "art"

Rosbjerg

now, I've seen alot of you guys post your art on this forum from time to time ..

so, in the spirit of sharing, I thought I would post some of my work .. I would never claim to be any good at it .. but being colourblind (and quite severly) I'm quite curious to see if it interferes or adds to my pictures..

so tell me what you think of it ..

*I like simplicity, so most of my images and photographs (which are all edited here) are often quite straightforward! and of course the black/white pictures are that way on purpose ^_^

post-5477-1141939966_thumb.jpg

hope you enjoy! :ph34r:

- Rosbjerg

post-5477-1141939031_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939123_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939259_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939287_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939347_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939505_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939572_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939773_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1141939834_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes, yes, just saying that the work sucks really helps an artist improve, doesn't it, Lare? I personally think your trolling skills are weak.

I like them, Rosbjerg. Very nice. Better then I could manage, at least.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I was looking at these at my school's library and I got a bunch of girls coming over and trying to make out with the screen.

Then one of them mentioned the extreme turdness of Lare Kikkeli and how only someone with almost no manhood would make comments such as his. We then went back to the dorm and engaged in naked aerobic.

Ah, good times.......thanx Rosbjerg ;)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

not what i'd call art.

... but you wouldn't know art if it ****ed you in the ass Kikkeli. <_<

They're very interesting considering you're colourblind Rosbjerg. What sort of colourblindness do you have? Some of your images are quite Impressionistic, are you fond of the style?

Very interesting indeed. It's hard to say if color-blindness affects the work or not without knowing more of what the intention of the color-work is supposed to be...there's nothing about them that seem "off" or mis-matching/weird to the non-color blind, if that's what you're wondering. They just look like the work of someone who likes black & white and earthy hues. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ehh, you've just messed around with a few filters. not what i'd call art. a 6-year old could have done those.

people seem to think that making a picture black and white or sepia makes it art.

I happen to agree, and anyone that moans at us for not liking it can f*ck off cos our opinions were explicitly asked for.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

My opinion is probably the best here because I've looked at the pictures objectively and given my honest verdict about them rather than just group with the majority. If everyone had said it was crap from the start I'm sure as hell you would have said that as well.

This is exactly how people like David Hockney get fame. Scratch some paint about on a swimming pool and behold, a big splash! Art! Oh my God, a can of soup! Fantastic! Sublime!

It's a little pathetic to be honest that nobody has the balls to think for themselves, but then how do you think religion started.

I would say the worst thing about it is it's disheartening for real artists, the sort that draw those absolutely fantastic concept sketches, with real skill.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

No, but he asked for everyone's opinion, so I gave mine and it's valid.

If the thread had been titled "I made some pictures, tell me how awesome I am!" I would possibly accept critism for saying they're sh*t.

true Moose .. you are entitled to your opinion! and I'm glad you'r being honest.. but as I said (I would never claim to be any good at it) :">

but what makes them bad? are they too simple?

to answer the colourblind question:

I can't really see colours .. it's not like everything is black and white .. for example, green becomes blue/yellow/brown -you name it- as soon as the light changes even the sligthest! so Autumn is a very interesting season! :p

I've only used some filters Lare Kikkeli, true .. but I still tried to make something more than simply use the "charcoal effect" .. unfortunately that didn't come through?

and Laozi, I'm glad to offer my services! :ermm:

Those are cool Ros, but you need to add a few of your old avatars.  I always liked that one where you looked like you had an eyepatch.

well ask and you shall recieve! -> post-5477-1142010300_thumb.jpg

and here are some of my other avatars..

post-5477-1142010482.jpg post-5477-1142010491_thumb.jpg

and my current in a bigger format

post-5477-1142010567_thumb.jpg

thank you all for replying.. I'm glad the majority finds the images interesting! :)

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

true Moose .. you are entitled to your opinion! and I'm glad you'r being honest.. but as I said (I would never claim to be any good at it)  :">

but what makes them bad? are they too simple?

I wouldn't say simplicity is a problem. For me I don't like them because there's nothing to appreciate in them. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying how I feel. Random photos of people with photoshop filters applied to them, what's to appreciate about that?

I wouldn't say simplicity is a problem. For me I don't like them because there's nothing to appreciate in them. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying how I feel. Random photos of people with photoshop filters applied to them, what's to appreciate about that?

I'm not going to attack you just for stating your opinion, don't worry.. :ermm: I'm not one of those people who can't stand critisizm!

but, I can see what you mean .. to me it's just more than the filters and how it's done.. I've seen people taking pictures of beetles or rocks and I still enjoyed the motive or the simple fact that it was black and white.. these pictures are not great motives and not greatly edited, but they still mean something to me, which was why I added them ..

Fortune favors the bald.