New NWN 2 Article @ Computer Gaming mag

Rhomal

Maybe there should be some other way to craft. I agree there should be a cost, some way to indicate the effect / restrict the frequency of crafting. Maybe aging? :huh:

Is it possible to restore XP expended in crafting (like levels drained by high level undead)? If so then the whole concept is nothing more than a notional difference for more gold (because gold buys restore spells).

PS Volo, PS stands for Post Scriptum, and the ONLY permissible extended use is PPS, not PSS.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"ONLY permissible"

Permissable? I didn't know I needed a permission slip?

"Is it possible to restore XP expended in crafting (like levels drained by high level undead)?"

No. Only way to get back xp used in crafting/spellcasting is by the usual methods of xp gaining (adventuring, combat, compleetingq uests, role-playing, etc.). No quick fix like restore will help.

"the oc was awful,"

No. It was good. Your opinion here is *wrong*.

" and just because 90 % of the stuff out there is even worse doesn't make it better."

True; but I was referring to the people who are likely to post 'the OC is one of the worst RPGs ever' which always shows a lack of experience or judgement on the posters part.

:huh:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Magical Volo strikes again with reasoning and logical thought processing! R00FLES!

Voly's magical logic is the reason I stopped arguing with him. :huh:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I don't argue.

I discuss.

P.eople disagree.

I discuss that.

To argue implies a more sinister approach.

I am evil; but I am not sinister.

I don't argue.

I discuss.

P.eople disagree.

I discuss that.

To argue implies a more sinister approach.

I am evil; but I am not sinister.

This is exactly what I'm talkin about.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Hey, I posted on topic! You people are the ones who made it personal, and flamed me.

At least Lare is posting on topic (and repsonse to what i said) as opposed to who said i which is cool even if we disagree which there is nothing wrong with that.,

I am not important. The post material is all that matters. :huh:

When someone flames me, I will respond. Novel concept, I know.

Edited by Volourn

Depends on your definition of "good" and to whom you apply it ... :|

"Is it possible to restore XP expended in crafting (like levels drained by high level undead)?"

No. Only way to get back xp used in crafting/spellcasting is by the usual methods of xp gaining (adventuring, combat, compleetingq uests, role-playing, etc.). No quick fix like restore will help.

Is that 3.5 rules?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The same thing. Too long ago to remember original D&D or 1E (or if it even had detailed magic item creation rules); but I'd wager if they did; it likely be the same.

The rule here (or guideline) fits logically in the mythos of D&D magic item creation. It costs power (xp) to create power (magic item) or casting certain spells).

Can't. You can't lose a level when creating items, or casting spells (not 100% sure about the by the rules for the last part). You simply don't have the 'energy' (xp) to empower it.

This thread makes me even more eager to play NWN2, when it's released, as a Warlock named Volourn :huh:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

@ Volourn

Neverwinter Nights OC was just horrible, you are wrong... Do you understand?

You are wrong.

End of story, your devotion for Bioware may cloud your eyes, but not mine... and quiet a few people that are regulars here either.

"@ Volourn

Neverwinter Nights OC was just horrible, you are wrong... Do you understand?

You are wrong."

I tend not to let Obsidian fanboys or those who think games like POR2 or KOTOR cloud my judgemnt.

NWN OC was a good game. It was so good it was good enough to earn two expansions, and a sequel.

"End of story, your devotion for Bioware may cloud your eyes, but not mine... and quiet a few people that are regulars here either."

That's funny. Full of crap; but funny. I wonder if my 'devotion for BIO' clouds my eyes when I call KOTOR overrated as its combat sucks and its controls are pathetic. I wonder if 'my devotion to Bioware' clouds my eyes when i REFUSE to play two of their games. Or when I exchange barbs with Gaider. Or when the game I'm most looking forwrad to is NOT a BIO game; but an Obsidian game. The list goes on.

For all this talk about someone's judgement being 'clouded'; you should look in the mirror.