I Have Serious Questions

Well, I bought KOTOR I arond a year ago, but I had never played it at all from lack of time, so earlier this week I installed it and wow!

I've already completed it after long hours and severe eye strain... sad isnt it, but when its that great of a game I couldnt stop!

Anyway, to the point. I've been reading up here for the past few days, attempting to use the search function to find what I've been wanting to know, but it just isnt working, so I registered and here I am now.

I have many questions about KOTOR II, so I'll just start speuwing them out in random order. Please answer all that you can, and I thank you for your time helping this lost fella find his way!

1. In KOTOR II, when do I get the option to turn to the dark side? Is it at the end of the game like in KOTORI, or will I get to whip butt as a Sith much sooner? (I loved being on the dark side in KOTOR, but for only a couple of hours, that is just wrong, I want to do it for hours on end)

2. I hear that we can get many different colored sabres in II, silver being on, and a dark green type. Can someone post screen shots of those? And, can I "build" more than one? In KOTORI, I was only able to "build" my one at the Jedi academy, and modify captured ones, but I couldnt "build" any brand new ones... if I could I didnt know how.

3. I hear we have to construct our sabre this time, so does this mean I acutally build it, instead of adding and switching out three crystals like in KOTORI?

Wow, um I guess that is it for now. My other questions have already been answered, some of those being about the Ebon Hawk, Bastila, Revan, etc., but I wasent sure on those questions I listed.

If any more pop up in my head I'll post them a.s.a.p, which is sure to happen. But until then, reply away younglings... erm masters, yea masters!

Edited by TxShadow

Well, I bought KOTOR I arond a year ago, but I had never played it at all from lack of time, so earlier this week I installed it and wow!

I've already completed it after long hours and severe eye strain... sad isnt it, but when its that great of a game I couldnt stop!

Anyway, to the point.  I've been reading up here for the past few days, attempting to use the search function to find what I've been wanting to know, but it just isnt working, so I registered and here I am now.

I have many questions about KOTOR II,  so I'll just start speuwing them out in random order.  Please answer all that you can, and I thank you for your time helping this lost fella find his way!

1.  In KOTOR II, when do I get the option to turn to the dark side?  Is it at the end of the game like in KOTORI, or will I get to whip butt as a Sith much sooner?  (I loved being on the dark side in KOTOR, but for only a couple of hours, that is just wrong, I want to do it for hours on end)

2.  I hear that we can get many different colored sabres in II, silver being on, and a dark green type.  Can someone post screen shots of those?  And, can I "build" more than one?  In KOTORI, I was only able to "build" my one at the Jedi academy, and modify captured ones, but I couldnt "build" any brand new ones... if I could I didnt know how.

3.  I hear we have to construct our sabre this time, so does this mean I acutally build it, instead of adding and switching out three crystals like in KOTORI?

Wow, um I guess that is it for now.  My other questions have already been answered, some of those being about the Ebon Hawk, Bastila, Revan, etc., but I wasent sure on those questions I listed.

If any more pop up in my head I'll post them a.s.a.p, which is sure to happen.  But until then, reply away younglings... erm masters, yea masters!

1 . You start your path right away, and I would start as early as possible. Prestiege classes are fun. :shifty:

2. Yes. I don't have screens sorry. :p

3. Yes. You get the chance to construct your own lightsaber. It begins about a good 10 to 20 hrs into the game. I could be wrong about the time, so don't take my word for it. I just know you will clear two planets before getting a lightsaber, and it takes a long time to do so.

I hope this helped without giving away too many details. :D KotOR II is a really nice and fun game. I hope you also experience some of the fun. :)

So, I can choose to be on the dark side at the very start of the game? :shifty:

If so, that is going to be just plain um, sweet?

Bringing up more questions:

4. What if I want to start light side, can I join the dark side later?

5. If I start Dark Side (definatly), then will I ever get the option to return to the LS? And if I turn back to the LS, will there ever be an option to turn back to the DS? Getting complicated! But really need to know the details.

Dont refrain from replies, even spoilers dont matter to me, I've pretty much read them all already.

Not saying any of the storyline or kotor2 names.

Well by the time you get all the parts you need to build a sabre, already built sabres will be dropping all over the place. 2 planets from Kotor1 are in this one..and if you go to either one as your first planet...sabre parts and full sabres all over the place. Full sabres only drop once you have collected all the needed parts to build one.

There is a random cutscene that comes up depending on how far on the lightside/darkside you are..for most people this cutscene doesn't come up til like the leaving for the second planet. But it is possiable to get it to come up before even getting out of the starting area...very tough to pull that off.

Returning NPCs: T3-M3, HK-47, Candureice. A couple that don't join your party: Carth, Vrook.

Some NPCs join your party depending on gender and lightside/darkside balence.

There is a lack of "droid support" option.

Several: bugs, inconsistent content, and missing/cut content.

So, I can choose to be on the dark side at the very start of the game?  :shifty:

If so, that is going to be just plain um, sweet?

Bringing up more questions:

4. What if I want to start light side, can I join the dark side later?

5.  If I start Dark Side (definatly), then will I ever get the option to return to the LS?  And if I turn back to the LS, will there ever be an option to turn back to the DS?  Getting complicated!  But really need to know the details.

Dont refrain from replies, even spoilers dont matter to me, I've pretty much read them all already.

What you do is progress from gray to the light or darkside thorugh your questions and actions. It is actually hard to go back and forth. Once you start down one path it is harder to head the other way. You will have to start the process at the beginning of the game. You start as a gray Jedi, and you have to choose your path.

In reply to shadowriath, I am aware of all of that m8. And feel free to say names, I've already read all about them in the past few days of reading the Spoilers section here.

I dont care if I know the entire plot, I just enjoy playing it out. :shifty:

So, how about those silver and darn green colored sabre screen shots anyone? :p

And my sabre color of choice in KOTORI was purple, looked very stylish once I got my Revan robes on at the end after turning to the dark side.

Edited by TxShadow

I am aware of all of that m8.  And feel free to say names, I've already read all about them in the past few days of reading the Spoilers section here.

I dont care if I know the entire plot, I just enjoy playing it out. :shifty:

So, how about those silver and darn green colored sabre screen shots anyone?  :p

And my sabre color of choice in KOTORI was purple, looked very stylish once I got my Revan robes on at the end after turning to the dark side.

After you get to the end of Telos, that is where you will talk to BouDur(sp?). He will ask you a series of quesitons. Bou Dur is your key. He will help you establish a new saber. You get to gather various pieces and parts to construct your saber. Example: color, lens, crystals, etc...

A few points to clarify...

1. You can gain in DS or LS by the good/evil choices throughout the game and jump back and forth as often as you like. You must be 75% toward one of the extremes to switch to one of the prestige classes at level 15, though.

Your final choice that decides whether you play the LS or DS ending is ultimately made when you meet the jedi masters on Dantooine. You can take the DS ending by killing them one by one during that meeting or earlier by killing them as you find them on the various planets. The LS choice is to let them cut you off from the force, which will make Kreia interfere and kill the masters. You get a special power after this encounter. If you chose DS, then you get Force Choke. If you chose LS, then you get Force Enlightment (which lets you activate Speed, Valor, and Armor simultaneously in one ability).

2. I've had several colors, but it shouldn't be a problem to find them. I can't remember if you can make the color crystals yourself, but you can certainly buy several of them on Dantooine. Oh, and I do have a picture... (see below)

3. You create your initial saber only. You can't actually build more (yeah, you should be able to, I agree), but you can find them. I hear you can even cheat yourself to more by using Visas to spawn more, though I've never tried it myself.

4. Jump back and forth between LS and DS as you like. Just be aware that you need to be fairly toward either for the Nihilus/Visas cutscene to trigger and to be able to take prestige classes once you reach level 15.

5. I really don't think your LS/DS ending is decided by anything but what you choose to do at the meeting with the jedi masters on Dantooine.

post-12435-1141516294_thumb.jpg

Alright guys (and women), thanks for the help!

Now I need a dang job so I can get this along with Empire at War.

I waited over a year and a half for EaW and when it comes out I have no money because I spent it all on my brand new PC! Darn...

Well, I'll soon have the game I hope, only $20, but $20 with no job is a lot!

Uno; Jediphile use the spoiler tags!

Now for the questions

1. You will start (like KOTOR) neutral. Your choices after that make your alignment (like Kotor)...

2. No. You cannot build additional sabers besides your first. And for screens; look here (there are plenty of screens with "other" colored sabers)

3. That means that besides the 3 crystals you have 3 other slots for updates... (so a total of 6 update slots). This makes the sabers

Damn new rule  >_<

How a minor group screws it for us all...  <_<

I already knew all of the spoilers by reading them throughout this forum over the past few days, and even specified that I dont mind being told even more. I'm going to be playing the game and making my own decisions in it, so the basic plot line wont spoil my game, no where near it! It'll just give me things to look forward to, and enable me to make some choices that will make the game more enjoyable. :)

Okay guys, heres one thing I'm still hazy on. I already knew bout starting Neuteral, in the grey, non-Light Side and non-Dark Side. But when I first start the game, do I get the choice to become an "official" Sith, or does it happen later in the game? I hated having to waite until the practially very end of KOTOR to turn over officially to the Sith.

I'm still a little confused on that.

Well, not everybody want's... that's why there is a "non-spoiler" section. People would expect no spoilers to be there; as they might wan't to find the story (best part of a RPG) for themselves...

And to answer your question:

you will never join the Sith... even not if you are called Sith Lord or so; the Sith still have to be hunted...

<_<

Well, not everybody want's... that's why there is a "non-spoiler" section. People would expect no spoilers to be there; as they might wan't to find the story (best part of a RPG) for themselves...

you will never join the Sith... even not if you are called Sith Lord or so; the Sith still have to be hunted...

<_<

Yes, but will I be called a Sith by the other characters? That is all that matters, if I am recognized as a Sith and not a light side jedi doing bad deeds... that's just stupid to get a lesson every time I do something "bad" from the "good" jedi in my party. If I'm a sith, I want to be able to KILL the good jedi in my party, or convert them.

That sort of thing. :huh:

EDIT

For example, the hand maiden. I know how to be able to train her as a jedi, but if I'm a Sith, can I train her as a Sith, or will I have to kill her since she is a Jedi? That is a big question of mine!

(they keep coming now that I'm in the train of thought, and again I thank you all for being so curtious and helpful; I wont be getting KOTORII until next weekend so trying to figure out what I can and cannot do now so I can just hit the action then)

Edited by TxShadow

No...

And despite how Darksided you make a LS'er they still love doing good deeds

Despite how LS HK is he still want's to beat the living daylight out of everybody.

Blame rushing; what you think about WAS planned for Kotor2...  :huh:

Alright, I feel complelled to rephrase here.

So, if I am a "Sith" from the start of the game (I assume this option is avaliable), and I get the hand madien for example in my party, will I train her as a Sith or as a Jedi... if I'm a Sith?

But if I'm just a bad jedi running around doing bad deeds but am still considered a "Jedi", then when do I become a Sith and get to challenge my party members to convert or die? I dearly hope its not at the end like it was in KOTOR1.

My MSN Messenger is (sorry, I removed it) if you want to give me personal spoilers about all of this, I'm dying to know!

Edited by TxShadow

So, if I am a "Sith" from the start of the game (I assume this option is avaliable)

Nope, no such option...

and I get the hand madien for example in my party, will I train her as a Sith or as a Jedi... if I'm a Sith?

As Sith... not that there is difference between the two and she remains LS minded (e.g. no killing even as Sith Maurader...)

But if I'm just a bad jedi running around doing bad deeds but am still considered a "Jedi", then when do I become a Sith and get to challenge my party members to convert or die? I dearly hope its not at the end like it was in KOTOR1.

Well...eh... you get that option... eh... never. And you can call yourself "Sith" after Lvl 15; it won't really change you from being a Jedi; but atleast you are called Sith (even if no ingame-character will ever confirm your Sith-status)

My MSN Messenger is REMOVETHISmac100mc[at]msn[dot]com if you want to give me personal spoilers about all of this, I'm dying to know!

Quick bit of advise... don't give your email like that on a forum... unless you love receiving spam from the e-mail searching bots seeking the net...

Make it a bit more like it looks now in the quote if you DON'T wan't that...

Oh darn, that stinks. So its nothing like KOTOR1 where I get called the Sith Lord by Bastila, etc? Man I was hoping for that, I freakishly loved being called the Sith Lord! Who wouldnt just about!

Prehaps in III if they make it.

Anyways, I still cant wait to get this game!

Thanks for the help to all, one last time.

5. I really don't think your LS/DS ending is decided by anything but what you choose to do at the meeting with the jedi masters on Dantooine.
You don't "choose" to do anything. The LS/DS ending is determined by your immediate alignment, like the Mira/Hanharr choice.

For totals spoilers on the game, look here - absolutely everything you ever wanted to know (except cheats and mods and so). This si the best guide I've found for the game.

For how to influence your teammates (also spoiler), look here - written for the Xbox, but it works just as well for the pc version IMHO (and by the same guy as the above).

<_<

Yes, but will I be called a Sith by the other characters? That is all that matters, if I am recognized as a Sith and not a light side jedi doing bad deeds... that's just stupid to get a lesson every time I do something "bad" from the "good" jedi in my party. If I'm a sith, I want to be able to KILL the good jedi in my party, or convert them.

That sort of thing. :huh:

EDIT

For example, the hand maiden. I know how to be able to train her as a jedi, but if I'm a Sith, can I train her as a Sith, or will I have to kill her since she is a Jedi? That is a big question of mine!

(they keep coming now that I'm in the train of thought, and again I thank you all for being so curtious and helpful; I wont be getting KOTORII until next weekend so trying to figure out what I can and cannot do now so I can just hit the action then)

you train her as a Jedi, but she will fall to the dark side if you do...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot