PS3: Everything We Know at 1up

funcroc

The vast majority of those arn't lauch titles I'm guessing.

That depends when the launch is. One of the benifits of a late launch is more titles to choose from. So when it comes to Europe, more than likely a good few of those will be "launch" titles.

Lair is definately supposed to be a launch title :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Wait a second...  Since when is it official that they are remaking it?

After all the buzz from the tech demo, there was talk...  But weren't the rumors delt with?

Blurb from 1up

When Square Enix showed off a tech demo of the opening of FFVII with improved graphics and character designs more like Advent Children, many people took this to suggest that a remake was in order. Which is indeed the case - director/producer Tetsuya Nomura admitted to 1UP that he does indeed intend to turn it into a remake (when he gets to it).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The bunny ate him. :D

With the 40 gig space on the blue ray I am wondering if companies are going to fill the space with actual game material or use FMVs to fill it in. I prefer games to use the in game engine to create the cut scenes instead of dropping into FMV mode. Of all the consoles the PS3 is one I am seriously considering in getting.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

The bunny ate him.  :D

With the 40 gig space on the blue ray I am wondering if companies are going to fill the space with actual game material or use FMVs to fill it in.  I prefer games to use the in game engine to create the cut scenes instead of dropping into FMV mode.  Of all the consoles the PS3 is one I am seriously considering in getting.

I suspect it will be like the early days of the CD...you'll have a large amount of blank space on the disc.

I only saw 4 games on the list that I think I might like. COD 3(is that even in development?), UT 2007(Hoping for a 360 port, would be great with MS's controller), SC:DA (Hope it's as good as the last), Spider-man 3 (I'm hoping for co-op this time, the last game was really fun...if only the voices were better and the mini-quests were less repetitive.) I wonder how many of those games will even be released for the PS3?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Wait a second...  Since when is it official that they are remaking it?

After all the buzz from the tech demo, there was talk...  But weren't the rumors delt with?

Blurb from 1up

When Square Enix showed off a tech demo of the opening of FFVII with improved graphics and character designs more like Advent Children, many people took this to suggest that a remake was in order. Which is indeed the case - director/producer Tetsuya Nomura admitted to 1UP that he does indeed intend to turn it into a remake (when he gets to it).

The "when he gets to it" should be phrased once more. It more or less means that it will never happen. It's japanese developers we're talking about here, with their work ethics, he will have the time to do it when he's retired.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think kumquatq3 died.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The "when he gets to it" should be phrased once more. It more or less means that it will never happen. It's japanese developers we're talking about here, with their work ethics, he will have the time to do it when he's retired.

With that many franchises It wouldnt suprise me. Though since they are going through a remake phase anyway you never know.

Theres that Vincent Valantine Spinoff and that other one :"> (yes I forgot what it was called) If those prove popular then I wouldnt write it off.

478327[/snapback]