Spore

I just hope Wright won't pull a Black&White on us...

Why would he? Has Will Wright ever really failed to deliver? He's not Peter Moleneaux. I'm not a huge Sims fan, but I still recognize its gaming brilliance. This is just the next step.

Next step? NEXT STEP???

This is more like a big fat giant leap forward in the space time continuum (w00t)

Imagine this next step applied to a RPG! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

It's one small step for a geek....one...giant leap, for geekdom.

The scope of the game is truly breathtaking ... not sure if it will work, nor if it will be "fun" in the traditional sense, but it certainly is one I'm going to get: gives a whole new meaning to "god game".

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It'll never sell in Alabama ...

They don't have computers down there.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The sick thing is that I'm already sitting here fantasizing about how my creature designs will look like, just to make them smarter, faster and deadlier than anyone elses. It doesn't happen often that I sit and think about unreleased games, that's for sure.

Edit: Forgot an M.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The sick thing is that I'm already sitting here fantasizing about how my creature designs will look like, just to make them smarter, faster and deadlier than anyone elses. It doesn't happen often that I sit and think about unreleased games, that's for sure.

Edit: Forgot an M.

I'm thinking more of this procedural system/programming/technology applied to other types of games like RPGs and FPSs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Spore, even in its current state, is a major breakthrough.

Don't like both Half-Life's so that doesn't work for me...

Please try again...

Even though I commend you on your best Gabrielle / Hades impersonation, you have obviously confused me with someone who give a flying kick at a doughnut. :)

embryo2.jpeg

I wonder if they are going to include some Lennart Nilsson imagery ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ah, but new genre-type games can no longer be created due to the current market-system forcing devs to specilize on one type of game and rendering them unable to produce another type of game!!!

[/lame continuation of the discussion in the Fallout3 Thread]

The Fallout 3 thread is lame and so is any reference to F3.

It's breathtaking scope; I don't know how you can call it simplistic: everything from the microscopic life in a drop of water all the way up to galaxies of star systems!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Most impressive is the "toolbox" motif, that is reproduced for different game phases (organism, city, ufo, etc).

That, and the fact that it is populating the multiverse with the organisms and civilizations from others, taken from online.

That's pretty epic, right there.

Er ... Amongst the epic qualities are ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT