Superman Returns

Can we play as the stompy robot? That building-crunching scene looks great!

nope, but you can demolish buildings yourself if you really wanna.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

One of my favourite games was that one where you played as a giant Japanese-inspired monster and destroyed cities (with multiplayer!); bonuses for eating people and penalties for grabbing electric appliances etc.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It was a stand-up arcade machine (Taito, maybe?) and subsequent players (up to three players simulataneously) could play as a giant wolf-dog-thing and an oversized gorilla. A guerrilla gorilla!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yep, s/he was the star, although presumably due to licencing the game was called "Monster Smash" or something ... cookie to anyone who can dredge up the name ...

There was a Godzilla game that came out last year. It was a fighter type thing, somewhat cool. I did some QA on it :thumbsup:

And I think you mean War of the Monsters. If not, try it :D

There was one called Rampage where you could be one of three monsters.

There was also one (think it was called destroy all monters) where you could play various Japanese monsters like Mothra , Godzilla etc.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

There was also one (think it was called destroy all monters) where you could play various Japanese monsters like Mothra , Godzilla etc.

*cookie*

Ah. Thank you. Yes. Rampage.

Why don't they make games like that anymore ... *reminisces*

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*cookie*

Ah. Thank you. Yes. Rampage.

Why don't they make games like that anymore ... *reminisces*

When you reminiss(SP?) do you stroke your chin while looking upward with a small smile in the corner of your mouth?

I know I do! (w00t)

Yes. In fact, that physical process (looking left and a bit up) is how the brain recalls memories. You can tell if someone is lying to you, if they don't look left, but right: which is where the brain sends the eyes when it wants to invent stuff. :devil:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes. In fact, that physical process (looking left and a bit up) is how the brain recalls memories. You can tell if someone is lying to you, if they don't look left, but right: which is where the brain sends the eyes when it wants to invent stuff. :devil:

You can still get Rampage in it's original form on the GBA.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I am vewy vewy tempted to by a Ninty system. Are they backward compatible (to any extent) ?

The GC not at all.

The new Revolution should be able to go all the way back to NES games. But will play GC games out of the box (the others you will have to download or get as a bonus item with a new game).

They may start "selling" them for stars which you get with any Nintendo purchase as well.

The DS is backwards compatible with the GBA.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

So if I buy a Revolution, then I can play Rampage? :devil:

In theory yes.

But the GBA version of Rampage is still commerically available. Where as the other one isnt.

Actually a Game Cube and a GBA player (which you fit underneath) will allow you to play GBA games on a regular TV as well.

478327[/snapback]