New NWN2 Site

karka

Can someone tell me in short what sort of RPG is NWN2 and what's it about, never played the first, in fact I never played an RPG in my life (yes I know I'm an infidel) other then the Kotor series if you can call them RPGs.

You play "teh hero" and save the realms from some ancient evil.

Been there, done that.... :)

Can someone tell me in short what sort of RPG is NWN2 and what's it about, never played the first, in fact I never played an RPG in my life (yes I know I'm an infidel) other then the Kotor series if you can call them RPGs.

From site:

Neverwinter Nights 2 (NWN2) is a computer role-playing game set in the fantasy world of the Forgotten Realms, one of the popular campaign settings of Dungeons and Dragons. It takes the player from the tiniest of villages into a sweeping tale of danger and war, chronicling their rise from a peasant to a full-fledged hero of the Realms, defending it against one of the greatest threats of the age.

Build a character that suits your style of play - good or evil, chaotic or lawful, with any number of skills, feats and professions available at the click of a button. Whether lobbing fireballs and researching forgotten spells as a powerful Wizard, hacking a trail through legions of orcs as a Fighter armed only with a battle axe and your courage, or taking on the role of a Rogue that can slip into the shadows at a moment's notice and take the purse from even the most perceptive of guardsmen. Choose your alignment, your allies, your companions, and how you want your character to develop... design the character you want, role-play the way you want, and carry the battle to the enemy.

The design aspects of Neverwinter Nights 2 don't stop there, however. Past the campaign included with the game itself, Neverwinter Nights 2 also gives you all the tools you need to build your own modules, campaigns, and adventures for your friends - move buildings, terrain, script encounters, write dialogues, create quests and items - everything you need to create an epic adventure of your own is included in the toolset for you and any other worldbuilder to use.

So if you are interested in adventure - or building adventures of your own - look no further. Neverwinter Nights 2 is on the horizon, and adventure awaits.

(w00t)

centinexx.png

From the FAQ

How will players travel from place to place in Neverwinter Nights 2?

Players will have a world map, which they can select known locations from in a manner similar to Baldur

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

I am not a graphics whore but i found creature models rather low-poly.

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/creatures/creature.php?id=7#

Are they? Newest game I have played is Bloodlines.

Are you kidding! I can count them :D

Bioshock's visulas are great for example.

http://bioshock.co.uk/

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

I like the Iron Golem, it looks quite menacing. I just hope that its in-game avatar is huge and towering when compared to the humanoid races, it would add to the flavor.

BTW, shouldn't its description say "Large Construct" instead of "Medium Undead"? Just a little nitpick.