What is your favorite music?

Lancer

Indie rock (Modest Mouse, Weezer's Blue Album and Pinkerton) and pop (EElS, The Shins), metal (Pre-Black Album Metallica, Iron Maiden), grunge (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden), and I'm getting into some of the newer modern hardrock (Audioslave, Alter Bridge).

Before anyone asks, no, I do not like Nirvana, and I don't think they are grunge either. Listen to Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Mother Love Bone, Mudhoney or Temple of the Dog. These are the other popular grunge bands. Does Nirvana sound anything at all like them? I think Nirvana fits the 'punk' bill a lot more. Especially since most of their goods songs were ripped from good punk bands. Listen to The Pixies 'Debaser'. Sound familiar? Yeah, I think so too.

Edited by TrueNeutral

^

I agree, Nirvana have far more in common with punk than grunge. Didn't they call themselves a punk band?

I'm a DJ so I tend to listen to a lot of electronic music, I like anything that sounds intelligent and/or funky though no matter what style. I mainly play progressive trance/house but I tend to keep away from the anthemic 'hands in the air' sound. Right now my favourite artists are Ticon, Atmos, Son Kite and Freq who have all released some really nice deep trance albums in the past year. I also like Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Muse and a ton of other bands (and The Chemical Brothers, who got me into electo music in the first place).

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

You are reaching man. Like I said, I "doubt" you are saying "black music" for nothing other than in a pejorative/critical sense. You can cover your tracks all you want but I think it is obvious where you were going.

Actually I wasnt going anywhere, these are all products of your active PC imagination.

I haven't heard you call heavy metal, "white music" to be fair... I wonder why.

Your are grasping at straws. But actually youre right, metal is white music since a lot of the best bands are from northern europe(uk, scandinavia, finland and germany) and also the us/canada.

But why would I refer to metal as white music? I would only use the terms white music if I needed a catch all phrase to describe most of the music produced by white people. Thus white music would include metal, classical, country, viking and celtic folk music and many other genres, most of which have nothing to do with metal. And since I dont like most of the other genres of western music(because I think everything is crap except for metal), I have no reason to lump metal together with them. Thus I have no reason to use the terms white music to describe metal.

Roshan, how about we not stereotype, races or nations its unhealthy unless theres a joke in it. By the way , its the human race.

Roshan needs a hug ..... All better!  :)

I dont think there is anything wrong with using such terms. I for example always tell my relatives that Indian music is absolute crap and that they should stop listening to all that garbage, and I am racially an Indian. Does this mean that I am racist against myself?

I have even heard black people say that they dont like black music(yes, they used those exact terms), are these black people racist against themselves? I have also heard black people saying they dont like white music, and I dont see anything offensive in that.

I say down with political correctness. Political correct speech is just a bunch of crap invented by racists who have an overwhelming need to not be racist.

Roshan, how about we not stereotype, races or nations its unhealthy unless theres a joke in it. By the way , its the human race.

Roshan needs a hug ..... All better!  :)

I dont think there is anything wrong with using such terms. I for example always tell my relatives that Indian music is absolute crap and that they should stop listening to all that garbage, and I am racially an Indian. Does this mean that I am racist against myself?

I have even heard black people say that they dont like black music(yes, they used those exact terms), are these black people racist against themselves? I have also heard black people saying they dont like white music, and I dont see anything offensive in that.

I say down with political correctness. Political correct speech is just a bunch of crap invented by racists who have an overwhelming need to not be racist.

*sigh* ohwell, I still love you Roshan! :huh:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig