next-gen console action RPG by Liquid Ent.

funcroc

I rather have them onthe PC.

Why not on both?

Especially now that developers have made the move over to consoles too? It would only ensure the genre's financial well-being in the long run.

It would also boost PnP sales as well and vice-versa...

I see nothing wrong with a more prosperous future for occidental RPGs on all fronts (be it tabletop or electronic media)

Nothing wrong having a larger variety of games to choose from.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Because the player's interface affects the gameplay.

Did you not read my previous post? These are things that can be worked on.

Heck, the Sega Genesis has several quality PC-style RPGs on it, years ago.. And they very well did feel like games you would play on the PC. Why couldn't we do the same thing now? Why did we take a step backwards?

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

I did, but I understand that you can't make a controller function in the same capacity as a keyboard.

You do know that you can already hook on USB Keyboards no problem with consoles right (i.e. look up the RPG Maker series on the PSx)? That is nothing that couldn't be solved with little effort.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

There is a reason they aren't sold with a keyboard. While it may be too difficult a problem for you, I'll leave you to figure it out on your own.

Whether or not they are sold with keyboards is irrelevant. That we do possess the technology to solve the interfacing "problem" with consoles is. If you don't get that, then you are quite shortsighted, indeed.

image002.gifLancer

I did, but I understand that you can't make a controller function in the same capacity as a keyboard.

Tell that to the designers of Warriors of the Eternal Sun DnD CRPG for the Sega Genesis. One of the best CRPGs ever done on console.

Exactly. Not that you actually *need* a keyboard to play most PC-style RPGs. The 3 button Sega works just fine for Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Buck Rogers,Shadowrun, Rings of Power, Pirates!, Might and Magic...etc

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Consoles aren't sold with keyboards.

Now, you are just being silly.

They can be made adaptable to them. And how much does a keyboard cost like 20 bucks? lol

Here is a link for our skeptical friend.

You're the one being silly. Nartwark's point that console's don't come with CDs is a very valid one.

Especially seeing as that $20 price tag suddenly makes an $80 game a $100 game.

Besides, you should be happy....the Pirates! remake made it on to the XBOX.

Edited by alanschu

Consoles aren't sold with keyboards.

Now, you are just being silly.

They can be made adaptable to them. And how much does a keyboard cost like 20 bucks? lol

Here is a link for our skeptical friend.

You're the one being silly. Nartwark's point that console's don't come with CDs is a very valid one.

Especially seeing as that $20 price tag suddenly makes an $80 game a $100 game.

Besides, you should be happy....the Pirates! remake made it on to the XBOX.

Huh? Who is talking about CDs here. You mean keyboards? Sorry but $20 for a keyboard is chump change for all the games you want on a console.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer