Rate an 'artist': 50Cent

AlternaFurkle

How would you rate 50cent's music?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate 50cent's music?

• 1 (abysmal)
    • 2 (feeble)
    • 3 (meh)
    • 4 (Who is 50Cent?)
    • 5 (he's ok)
    • 6 (good)
    • 7 (great)
    • 8 (fantastic)
    • 9 (legendary)
    • 10 (he rox lol)

Riiight. So listening to classical music makes you different and reeeeally speshhhhhl. :lol:

Your complexes amaze me sometimes.

Please, spare me the elitist paranoia. What i said was not meant to be belittling, it just happens to be a basic fact.

On a qualitative level there may be a great deal of distance between say, Pink Floyd and

Breatny Spears, but there's no denying they are just a greater and a lesser statement on the same 'popular' ideal and basic formal structure...

Edited by Lyric Suite

And you can't say 50 isn't talented. his music is good to dance to and some of it gets me pumped while i work out.

But then again, if you have no taste, the first mistake you can make when trying to discern talent is to use your own judgement.

Yes, this was actually meant to be belittling this time... :lol:

Edited by Lyric Suite

it just depends on how much importance you place on music IMO. i don't analysis music in a "quanitive" manner, i just go by the if it sounds good i'll listen to it. some people get hung up on lyrics or artistry of the music, i sometimes don't even listen to the lyrics which is probably why i like drums and bass etc (usually no lyrics or repeating). So you can't claim that people have no taste because each individual's purpose for listening to music is different.

i like what i think jedihuh said about listening to music to get pumped up at the gym, your not going to bring classical music in your ipod so you can listen to it on the bench (it has no utility)

I don't see a reason to hate pop as an form art itself. I do see a reason to hate the industry behind it though.

Music is such a subjective object that one easily classify anything as garbage unless certain demands about the songwriting and music are matching according to your personal criteria of "Good, deep, insightful music". Thus, elitism.

My demands are for a band to uphold any integrity and musical ability are:

- The band or artist doesn't change their music or lyrical content in order to sell to a broader audience.

- All members should know how to play instruments, the singer might be excluded.

- All members should play their instruments live.

- All songs should be written by the band.

- Music first, image is an afterthought. Not the other way around.

I'm a bit elitist, yes. But i don't demean people who listen to shallow, computerized and sung through a pitchshifter (pitchshifter is a regular device in the industry, it makes anyone sing in key) which sole purpuse is to generate enough money for the suits. If you like it, buy it. Unless it's Metallica, all their records should be downloaded for all eternity :wub:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

it just depends on how much importance you place on music IMO. i don't analysis music in a "quanitive" manner, i just go by the if it sounds good i'll listen to it. some people get hung up on lyrics or artistry of the music, i sometimes don't even listen to the lyrics which is probably why i like drums and bass etc (usually no lyrics or repeating). So you can't claim that people have no taste because each individual's purpose for listening to music is different.

i like what i think jedihuh said about listening to music to get pumped up at the gym, your not going to bring classical music in your ipod so you can listen to it on the bench (it has no utility)

I like this guy.

as for being "belittled" start trashin me all you want, can't deny the guys a multi millionair, a media whore, and the masses love him.

I never claimed he was the best thing to happen to rap since 2pac and biggie. Just that he makes some good songs to dance and work out 2. and that he's a tough sob.

that he is my friend.. 50 gets shot 5-6 times and keeps on tickiing lol call him a timex. any ways who ever the classical moron is, he needs to grow up and see there more to life than just him.. seems like all he can do is down grade people for there thoughts and opinions just cause there not his.... he needs a reality check.. but hey, then we would be just like him trying to force our ideas and views on him.. lmao..

In 2000, 50 Cent and an associate, 22-year-old Alton Brown, were sitting in a parked car in the Jamaica section of Queens when an assailant pulled up beside them and fired nine shots with a handgun. 50 Cent was shot three times, once in each leg, and once in the jaw. Brown, wounded in the hand, drove himself and Jackson to a nearby hospital. This incident led to the widespread statement in the media and the pop music fanbase that 50 Cent had been "shot nine times."

Wow, three bullets on his leg and one in his jaw. Clearly something NO one other then 50 cents could have survived...

didn't he show the scars or "bullet holes" on bet or something"? I know the game let a mix tape out saying he got shot 3times, and that theres a fake police report (2 actually) one saying he got shot 3 times, and the other saying 9 times

9 bullets were shot at his general direction, doesn't mean he got hit by all of them.

Eitherway, his tauted resilience in the face of death is nothing but a marketing gimnick...

didn't he show the scars or "bullet holes" on bet or something"? I know the game let a mix tape out saying he got shot 3times, and that theres a fake police report (2 actually) one saying he got shot 3 times, and the other saying 9 times

9 bullets were shot at his general direction, doesn't mean he got hit by all of them.

Eitherway, his tauted resilience in the face of death is nothing but a marketing gimnick...

and your nothing more than a pompous a$$..

oh and have a nice day.... o:)

^ Well, at least now we know who voted the last options...

No sorry your wrong again... I voted. 6 (good) he isn't by any means the greatest gansta rapper out there.. but he is good... the thing I don't get about guys like you is all your doing is putting down a guy that went from poor street kid to rich ass hell and all you can do is b!tch about the guy.. he worked the system and got pay'ed.. why don't you go listen to your music and leave these boards for gamers... all you have done since you been here is tell every one how there wrong and make an a$$ out of your self.. I listen to all kinds of music.. I don't need to force my views on any one to do that.. the guy has made some good music.. and that's that.. its to bad you cant get out side the box and see that people have the right to like what they want.. no matter what you might feel is good music... <_<

Although feeble sounds more appropriate than abysmal, I don't want people to get the wrong idea and think he's anything but the worst.

Seriously though he must be so ****ing thick. You'd think after being shot that many times he'd get the message: nobody likes him.

Than who buys his CDs? Another thing, itsn't he against the was? I know some rapper is...kind of funny...

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Than who buys his CDs?

Consumer drones. They are not to be taken into consideration...

Of course not. Fools misled by propaganda do not count.

Too bad they have the right to vote...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf