BioShock - Game Informer March 06

Morgoth

Bioshock:

-player choice is a key feature. It allows multiple approaches to every situation.

-SNAP-

a bathosphere occupied by a dead body. With nowhere to go but down,you remove the unfortunate passenger and climb into the diving apparatus, descending into the unknown below.

Boy, open endingness and multiple choices to it's finest :-"

-SNAP-

-Dev quote: "That's what makes Bioshock different from a game like Doom, where you see monsters ahead of you, then step over an invisible trigger and they charge you", insists Levine. "There's so much you can do with an AI that only knows cover and flank. We want to build a relationship between AIs". This relationship is heavily dependent on how the environment is populated and the various creatures' roles within that world. For instance, some of your primary foes in BioShock are called Aggressors, deformed soldiers in Ryan's genetically modified army. These tormented beings patrol the corridors, attacking the player as well as scattered remnants of Fontaine's forces. Irate and brutal as Aggressors may be, they will generally ignore the one thing keeping Rapture(the name of the city) alive: the Gatherers.

Wait, the devs DO know that AI evolved since Doom, and this Flanking etc. stuff is done in FEAR and the relationship things in various other games like Deus Ex and even Painkiller :o !?

This doesn't sounds good... more like hyping up things they cannot make true...

Edited by BattleCookiee

http://pc.ign.com/articles/679/679457p2.html

Scroll down.

Enjoy  (w00t)

According to a person who places a MMORPG for crying out loud on 1. You better linked to page 4. Not only is the guy more sane, he also has alot better reasoning WHY bioshock could become a succes...

Page 4 didn't have that groovy screenshot :D

http://pc.ign.com/articles/679/679457p2.html

Scroll down.

Enjoy  (w00t)

According to a person who places a MMORPG for crying out loud on 1. You better linked to page 4. Not only is the guy more sane, he also has alot better reasoning WHY bioshock could become a succes...

You're tossing everything out the window because a guy thinks that an MMO should be in the lowest spot on his list?

"I just happened to get lucky enough to find some links to the mag scans.... But I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post them here...no. I think I just keep them, to not violate the almighty FAQ, of course"

In totally unrelated news, some guy posted the scans over at the Codex. What a coincidence.

Edited by baby arm

"I just happened to get lucky enough to find some links to the mag scans.... But I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post them here...no. I think I just keep them, to not violate the almighty FAQ, of course"

In totally unrelated news, some guy posted the scans over at the Codex. What a coincidence.

Wow, you're right. There's another Morgoth there, too! :thumbsup: