BioShock - Game Informer March 06

Morgoth

I'm back, have you brought back some valuable infos, my seeking children? What do I see? They spamming my thread instead! I'm....I'm Shh..Sh SHOCKED!!!

Why the f*ck does nobody has the magazine yet and posts some scans? Why just why???  <_<

Can't find it. I guess it isn't out yet.

I need to play strategy games. Make an empire and rule the world.

You need Alpha Centauri :)

The Spartans are so you :D

My knowledge of them is not that great. I know they were brutal and effient in their warfare and a lot of their soldiers were gay.

No, not those spartans :thumbsup:

Alpha Centauri is a futuristic game. They're just called the spartans because they're uber warlike.

Edited by Darque

My knowledge of them is not that great. I know they were brutal and effient in their warfare and a lot of their soldiers were gay.

No, not those spartans :thumbsup:

Alpha Centauri is a futuristic game. They're just called the spartans because they're uber warlike.

I know nothing of those Spartans period. <_<

That shouldn't be a big stretch for you to roleplay, then. :thumbsup:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That shouldn't be a big stretch for you to roleplay, then. :o"

I bet your the type of person that wouldn't give another a chance to do a reach around.

:)

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=6832754&postcount=8

Bioshock:

-player choice is a key feature. It allows multiple approaches to every situation.

-This is the early setting as indicated in GI word for word.

"The game opens in the early 1960s as you find yourself flailing underwater, floating in the ocean as debris falls from above. Bobbing to the surface, you are surrounded by bodies and the wreckage of an airplane. (I snipped a little fluff here)

With survival as your immediate goal, you scan the horizon for signs of land, and you notice something conspicuously out of place. In the middle of the ocean, leagues from civilization, is a single lighthouse jutting up from the water. Swimming closer to investigate, you reach the mysterious structure and scale the stairs inside only to find another oddity: a bathosphere occupied by a dead body. With nowhere to go but down,you remove the unfortunate passenger and climb into the diving apparatus, descending into the unknown below.

As you near the ocean floor, you see the lights and structure of an entire city rising to meet you"

-Dev quote: "That's what makes Bioshock different from a game like Doom, where you see monsters ahead of you, then step over an invisible trigger and they charge you", insists Levine. "There's so much you can do with an AI that only knows cover and flank. We want to build a relationship between AIs". This relationship is heavily dependent on how the environment is populated and the various creatures' roles within that world. For instance, some of your primary foes in BioShock are called Aggressors, deformed soldiers in Ryan's genetically modified army. These tormented beings patrol the corridors, attacking the player as well as scattered remnants of Fontaine's forces. Irate and brutal as Aggressors may be, they will generally ignore the one thing keeping Rapture(the name of the city) alive: the Gatherers.

-dev makes fun of the opening of Halo

"Here' what I hate" Levine elaborates. "You start up a game, and the first thing you hear is 'Alright Marine! We're gonna teach you how to walk!' and you're like, 'Aw, f__, man. I know how to walk'. We will assume that the player is competent from the start, and then we'll watch. If they aren't competent, we'll give a little help. And if they're really incompetent...... 'Alright, Marine!'".

-For the moment, this is PC and 360 exclusive. However a PS3 version isn't completely ruled out.

Edited by funcroc

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=6832754&postcount=8

Bioshock:

-player choice is a key feature. It allows multiple approaches to every situation.

-This is the early setting as indicated in GI word for word.

"The game opens in the early 1960s as you find yourself flailing underwater, floating in the ocean as debris falls from above. Bobbing to the surface, you are surrounded by bodies and the wreckage of an airplane. (I snipped a little fluff here)

With survival as your immediate goal, you scan the horizon for signs of land, and you notice something conspicuously out of place. In the middle of the ocean, leagues from civilization, is a single lighthouse jutting up from the water. Swimming closer to investigate, you reach the mysterious structure and scale the stairs inside only to find another oddity: a bathosphere occupied by a dead body. With nowhere to go but down,you remove the unfortunate passenger and climb into the diving apparatus, descending into the unknown below.

As you near the ocean floor, you see the lights and structure of an entire city rising to meet you"

-Dev quote: "That's what makes Bioshock different from a game like Doom, where you see monsters ahead of you, then step over an invisible trigger and they charge you", insists Levine. "There's so much you can do with an AI that only knows cover and flank. We want to build a relationship between AIs". This relationship is heavily dependent on how the environment is populated and the various creatures' roles within that world. For instance, some of your primary foes in BioShock are called Aggressors, deformed soldiers in Ryan's genetically modified army. These tormented beings patrol the corridors, attacking the player as well as scattered remnants of Fontaine's forces. Irate and brutal as Aggressors may be, they will generally ignore the one thing keeping Rapture(the name of the city) alive: the Gatherers.

-dev makes fun of the opening of Halo

"Here' what I hate" Levine elaborates. "You start up a game, and the first thing you hear is 'Alright Marine! We're gonna teach you how to walk!' and you're like, 'Aw, f__, man. I know how to walk'. We will assume that the player is competent from the start, and then we'll watch. If they aren't competent, we'll give a little help. And if they're really incompetent...... 'Alright, Marine!'".

-For the moment, this is PC and 360 exclusive. However a PS3 version isn't completely ruled out.

This is awesomeness pure! I mean...hell, this sounds too good to be true. Is there actually really an ambitious game in the works that may not disappoint? There must be somewhere a hook.... This is just the way of this whole industry... where there's excitement, there must be also something that punches you into the face. :thumbsup: