Comics

Calax

I just got back from borders... Picked up Astonishing Xmen:dangerous...

for those who don't know Astonishing is written  by Joss Wheaton. he has this battle going on where we see what everyone is thinking... it gets to wolverine and it's blank except the last panel which is "I like beer"

I love some of the lines wolverine gets in the comics sometimes. Like in Ultimate X-Men when him and Cyclops are fighting over Jean and Wolverine is like "Why would she want a skinny geek like you when she's already tasted some prime Canadian beefcake right here." (since Wolvie and Jean got it on in the first storyline of the series)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

don't forget

The ever loving Thing: Didn't they make a cure for you guys?

Wolvie:You got a problem with mutants?

Thing:I meant Canadians

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This is a tad geeky but I cant help how much I like the new Star Wars comics and seeing the "Republic" series end with Issue #83 was a bit sad but unavoidable (order 66 killed their storyline). Anyway I dont know if youve heard about it but as Republic closes, theyre doing a run of the new "Knights of the old Republic" but the big thing is the new "Star Wars Legacy" set in the unexplored time some 100 years after New jedi Order (no Yuzan Vong in other words)

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-514

Now this is bound to be if not brilliant, then atleast very interesting and open for possibilities as they are no longer bound by "the canon" as they are exploring a new timeline where the ends are completely open. And yes, it features Ostrander&Duursema which guarantees top notch art and writing

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is a tad geeky but I cant help how much I like the new Star Wars comics and seeing the "Republic" series end with Issue #83 was a bit sad but unavoidable (order 66 killed their storyline). Anyway I dont know if youve heard about it but as Republic closes, theyre doing a run of the new "Knights of the old Republic" but the big thing is the new "Star Wars Legacy" set in the unexplored time some 100 years after New jedi Order (no Yuzan Vong in other words)

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-514

Now this is bound to be if not brilliant, then atleast very interesting and open for possibilities as they are no longer bound by "the canon" as they are exploring a new timeline where the ends are completely open. And yes, it features Ostrander&Duursema which guarantees top notch art and writing

Ha, funny. In the "New Star Wars Movies" thread I suggested doing a trilogy like one or two hundred years after the movies because the EU hadn't touched that yet. Guess I was wrong.

And I loved Republic. Quinlan Vos was a great character. Havn't kept up much since the issue that ends with "Last issue before Episode III"

Devastatorsig.jpg

The biggest fault with using the Star Wars universe is that Lucas-films/arts/books are so very strict on keeping everything canon and thereby limiting the possibilities of what the writers can do. With this new comic they will be able to introduce whole new characters and do whatever the hell they want with them.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

well I just got Avengers TPB #2 Sentry... in the back it had about 30 pages of B villians. All are currently escapee's.

Also picked up Majestic which was... intersting... it's about a guy who is build with the exact same powers as superman, except he prefers to use fear and authority and gather it around himself. it's done by dc so no copywrite infringement.

well I just got Avengers TPB #2 Sentry... in the back it had about 30 pages of B villians. All are currently escapee's.

Also picked up Majestic which was... intersting... it's about a guy who is build with the exact same powers as superman, except he prefers to use fear and authority and gather it around himself. it's done by dc so no copywrite infringement.

Its under the Wildstorm brand right? Since DC aquired all the Wildstorm properties from Image, they've used them a hell of a lot better. They made a world thats a lot more realistic then the vanilla DC and Marvel lines. Sure theres still aliens and superpowers and such, but the way people react to these powers is much more realistic. Not so many goody two-shoes and such.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

actually they used a plot device and moved him from wildstoms universe to supermans.

actually they used a plot device and moved him from wildstoms universe to supermans.

Didn't they move him back now though? For his own series that is. Cuz yeah I remember members of Stormwatch post Ellis talking about him leaving at one point.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Too bad they have basically completely ditched the idea of the Avengers going after the escapee's.

well its not like the escapee's are actually a threat worthy of the avengers...

Edited by metadigital

• 2 weeks later...

they've confirmed that the guys who did the blade movie are making a DEADPOOL movie! :D!

they've confirmed that the guys who did the blade movie are making a DEADPOOL movie! :D!

Ok, Steve Norrington, Guillermo Del Toro, or David Goyer?

Also, if they've confirmed it, why isn't it on SuperHeroHype?

I know David Goyer and Ryan Reynolds were talking about it while filming Blade Trinity, but then David got the Flash gig and decided to use Ryan as Wally West. Ryan reportedly said he was really interested in playing Deadpool, but that he pretty much played him in Blade Trinity only without the costume and powers.

Speaking of Deadpool, they just introduced him in Ultimate Spider-Man.

post-296-1142917930_thumb.jpg

I like his regular marvel costume a lot better. But we haven't got a good look at him yet.

EDIT: Oh wait... wikipedia has one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0...atedeadpool.jpg

Still like his normal costume.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I got it of IGN.

Ok, found the story... yeah, basically what has been said for the last year, it might happen, it might not. Its also a year old news story.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Marvel and DC Enforce "Superhero" Trademark

Posted by Hemos on Monday March 20, @03:37PM

from the stupid-legal-moves dept.

An anonymous reader writes "GeekPunk is announcing that their flagship comic book title featuring superheroes patronizing their favorite bar & grill during their off-hours will now be entitled Hero Happy Hour beginning with the fifth issue of the ongoing series. According to creator Dan Taylor, "The decision to change the title was brought upon by the fact that we received a letter from the trademark counsel to 'the two big comic book companies' claiming that they are the joint owners of the trademark 'SUPER HEROES' and variations thereof." " Read the recent boingboing post for more background as well.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

thats like a word you shouldn't be able to trademark. Its like trademarking "Road" or "Bread"

Devastatorsig.jpg