NWN Writing Contest - The Modules

Llyranor

Well, I'm not making any claims of being impartial. I have my own interests, after all - which are, mainly, to not waste time. Those mods with 5's got much more than 30 secs, actually. The ones with 1's didn't need it. If you don't write the mod in the proper language, can't write a single sensical sentence or don't actually follow the contest rules, don't blame me for throwing away the mod in disgust. I'm not actually going to bother messing up a voting system that already doesn't work. I am not going to go post all 300+ reviews in each and every mod page, especially not for those I deem not worth it. That would be a waste of *my* time. I give a 5 here and move on. This just says the mod didn't manage to captivate me. If anything, it gives somewhat of an indication for players who are looking for the better mods. As to whether my doing so negatively affects those mods for those people and might convince them of giving the mods a low score, I consider it a moot point - if they plan to vote in a fair manner, they should be giving all the mods at least a shot anyway.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Down with the King:

You are the king. Someone tried to poison your food, and you investigate two suspects. Interesting scenario, but the writing was decent at best, and the PC choices felt pretty leading and forced. Aborted.

Escape from the Tilane Mine:

You

Hadescopy.jpg

Secrets of Westgate:

Entertaining design and decent writing. Persuading your way through the NPCs was a bit too simple, though. Good effort. Score: 7.75.

The Elven Patient:

The scenario showed promise, but the writing wasn

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

Impossible, it would win. They take over Neverwinter and kill that muppet Drizzt as a sacrifice to the Spider Queen.

Okay, we get it, you're a feminist and like evil things.

It'd still suck.

It'd really suck, get it right.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me