NHL

Fionavar

I think everyone is afraid to make a trade.  We are only a few days from the deadline.

Well some of it is definately that there are so many people out there they are buying, or want to buy, yet so few people that are unloading. It's driving asking prices for some of these people way up beyond what any sane GM would go for.

Mkreku: Sure McCabe is good, but you're going to need to unload some people in order to start rebuilding. McCabe is one of the few people that you have that would be able to get a good to great price in a trade.

I would have to say that Sundin would fetch more than a bag of hockey pucks as well, Deraldin.

And although I couldn't watch tonights tilt between the Oil and the Stars tonight I am pleased with the outcome. Coming back from a two goal deficit to force the shootout and earn a point was great. You can't beat Dallas in the shootout, no question.

edit: My money is on Vancouver being the busiest team at the deadline. They need help. Bad.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Toronto won one! Still so very far, far away from that last playoff spot, I'm not holding my hopes up.

We were relying on two key players this year: Lindros and Allison. Allison has delivered offensively, but his lack of speed shows in his plus/minus. Lindros was great until he got hurt, very predictably.

I'm not sure about Sundin. I thought he was.. well.. washed up, on the slide, in the twilight.. But then I saw him play with some good players (for once) in the Olympics and I couldn't see the guy who's only scored 13 goals so far. I saw the old, powerful, respect-inducing Sundin that dominates games. I'm not sure what's up with that.

At least we won one. Woo.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And Edmonton gets a goalie!!! Dwayne Roloson from the Wild will be backstopping for us for the rest of the season. Here's hoping he turns out the be the ****.

edit: Hey!!! He's 36 and 6-17 this season. No wonder we got him for a draft pick, albeit a first round one. :)

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And Edmonton gets a goalie!!!  Dwayne Roloson from the Wild will be backstopping for us for the rest of the season.  Here's hoping he turns out the be the ****.

edit:  Hey!!!  He's 36 and 6-17 this season.  No wonder we got him for a draft pick, albeit a first round one. :mellow:

You've still got several goalies. Maybe Lowe is planning on trading up? :-" Roloson also has the best save percentage of all the big prospects that you guys were looking at and with the number of shots you guys block every game he should do well.

Not only that, but honestly, who would you pick up in the draft as your first round pick? There really aren't that many great players this time around and the chances of gettings one of those players that are good seem pretty slim.

Edited by Deraldin

Well let the trades begin but save the good ones for tomorrow <_<

and Toronto starts the rebuilding process sending Klee to New Jersey for prospects

and Toronto acquires Luke Ricardson from Colombus .. only 36 years young

I guess Toronto will be making another last kick at the can..

Well at least Edmonton improved there goalie situation .. He no kipper but he will get you into the playoffs and maybe you guys can win around :rolleyes:"

Looks like Jokinen ain't going anywhere either :) he would have looked good playing with Iggy

If our team had had .910 goaltending this season, we'd have let in 50 fewer goals.

I really hope he comes in and plays very well. To be honest I've been very happy with the other 5 positions. I'm very surprised with our defense, which I think just got stronger when we got Spacek and Tarnstrom. Our forward core is also doing quite well.

Colorado just gave up a consistent goalie for a guy who can't even play for two more weeks. I'm hoping that this costs them a playoff spot. Looking at the Roloson trade, I really think it's a good move. Edmonton should be able to make the playoffs with its current squad.

The Sharks picked up Ville Niemenan. I've heard of him, but I don't know why. He looks like a pretty average winger. I guess the Sharks feel he'll bring in some energy. What they really need is a good defenseman. They only have 2 guys with real experience, and Hannan seems broken.

I can't believe Ovechkin is only 1 goal behind the total goals leader (Jagr), fourth in the total points race and (naturally) leading the rookie race.. by 10 points and 13 (!!) goals.

The kid is good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And this has been a pretty weak trade deadline day. Here is where I've been getting most of my info from. It looks like Nashville picked up Brendan Witt for a draft pick. That's no suprise. Take on some salary you bastards!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Sergei Samsanov is an Oiler! That should hopefully round out two solid scoring lines in the top 6!

I'll miss Marty Reasoner because he was a class act that played any role asked of him, but I think the trade was a good one.

Edited by alanschu