NHL

Fionavar

I've heard rumours that Fernando is skating with a torn stomach muscle right now. From what I understand of those injuries they are quite painful. It's a damn good thing he's more of a wrist shot guy than one who shoots like Al MacInnes.

And apparantley Roloson took to the ice this afternoon as well, but just to see where his knee is in the rehab process. Get well soon, Rollie the Goalie!!! Just don't sign somewhere else this summer.

While I'm talking about goalies I totally want to say a final goodbye to Ty Conklin. He had that one good season for us, mind you, so his time in the City Of Champions wasn't a total wash. Now whenever I think of him I'm instantly reminded of his Knob Hockey episode. Yikes.

Hopefully next season we'll have a recouperated Roli and a steady back up in Jussi Markannen.

scfgm5markkanenjussi194x2604xj.jpg

Go Jussi Go!!! Suprise me some more!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Only...twelve...more...hours...

Let's Go Oilers!!! Let's Go!!

I Still Believe

edit: Alan, here's one of the Knob Hockey episodes off of YouTube

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

**crosses fingers and toes**

Let's Go Oilers!!! Let's Go!!!

I Still Believe

edit: the pregame announcers said Eric Cole is suiting up for the 'Canes tonight. He's missed 44 games with a fractured vertabrae. I hope he stays out of Raffi Torres' way tonight, for his own sake.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Go Jussi Go!!!  Suprise me some more!!

JKLDFHKGKSBJIFSGIUFIUSGGFSNFKJSIHB KLGJDLZKFNLJKDHLGJKN!!!!11

How was the diving poke check? Nearly gave me a heart attack! :(

EDIT:

PISANI SCORES ON THE POWER PLAY!

TORRES GET'S THE SECOND GOAL!

Edited by Deraldin

Heh.

If Fernando scores another game winner on Monday night they'll have to give him the MVP.

And poor Dvorak, he probably played his best game of the post season only to be denied by an inconclusive video. Too bad.

Oh and before I forget.

WOOOT WOOOT A WOOOT WOOOT!!!!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Try the link in post 1128, I believe.

The Rexall faithfull must have been dying to bring out the 'We want the cup' chant again. I wonder how loud it's going to be on Monday night.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well I voted for Jaro Spacek as my first star over at the NHL site. He came in second.

And how about Peter Laviolette's explosion during the time out in the second? I've seen coaches pissed before, but that was pretty intense. The sad thing is it didn't really do much to the end result.

I hope the 'Canes play this bad on Monday.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

It will make for a less tense game.

I'd like to see a Pronger to Peca breakaway for the GWG. The two guys we trade secure the cup :D

Man...I had a feeling we had an outside chance to make a run at the cup at the beginning of the season...but wowee..... :D

Are they playing the real version of 'Fernando' or this one?

My favorite quote about last nights game, courtesy of the weirdos over at the 'covered in oil' blog

This wasn't even forcing a game seven.  It was demanding it.
Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm so nervous right now. The game is a full nine hours away!

I'm not really sure what to make of the Oilers' comeback going into game 7. On the one hand we have the momentum, but what does momentum count for in a game 7? Carolina will have their best effort of the playoffs and they're on adrenaline at this point just like us anyway. If we're to make any use of our supposed advantage from the longer rest prior to the series we need to pick up the good bits from last game: Skate, forecheck, hit, and skate some more. If Carolina are allowed the breathers we lose the only real edge we have. They beat us three times already and if anyone thinks they'll look as dodgy as in game 6 they're dead wrong.

Go Oilers! Bring it home!

*gets ready to put vintage Oilers jersey on*

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Since it's game seven I stopped by the adult beverage store next to work and bought a ten dollar bottle of wine that's sure to get me drunk. ;) And I got a discount to boot!

In a couple of hours I'm going to walk to buddies house up the block to watch the game on his gigantic teevee. I don't think I'll don any Oiler apparel, but I will bring the rally touque with me just in case.

And I totally agree with you Checkpoint. There's no way the 'Canes are going to lie down for this game. Of course in a perfect world tonight's game would be a replay of the last one, but that just won't happen.

I'm wishing for a hattrick for Dvorak. He's been snakebit through the entire playoffs.

Let's Go Oilers!!! Let's Go!!

WIn it for Joey!!

I guess I don't need the big 'I still believe' line today, now do I?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm wishing for a hattrick for Dvorak.  He's been snakebit through the entire playoffs.

Agreed. Like everybody else I couldn't believe it when poor Dvo shot the puck straight into Ward's glove in the last game. At that point the Oilers were also only up 2-0, so it could have had catastrophic consequences too. I actually supported the decision to wave it, but nonetheless I felt very sorry for Radek. There's no other player I'd rather see score a GW for us tonight. He's definitely earned it with his efforts.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God