NHL

Fionavar

T-minus five hours and change. Plus I get to watch LOST on the newfie feed at four o'clock. Today will be a good day.

Let's Go Oilers, Let's Go!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

This will go down as my worst year when it comes to play off predictions. Just awful. Pure and simple.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Carolina was my only surprise so far in this round. I figured the devils would put the hurt on them. I'm not surprised by the way the San Jose-Edmonton series is goin, but I'm definitely unhappy about it. I blame Calgary for the whole ordeal, honestly.

Carolina was my only surprise so far in this round.  I figured the devils would put the hurt on them.  I'm not surprised by the way the San Jose-Edmonton series is goin, but I'm definitely unhappy about it.  I blame Calgary for the whole ordeal, honestly.

How can you blame Calgary? For losing in the first round? :)

Then the Sharks would have gone up against Colorado, which would mean they'd probably have an easier time getting into the conference finals.

But then they'd still have to face the Oilers in the Conference FInals :p

Well, San Jose likely would have steamrolled Colorado, much like the Ducks did. Colorado was by far the weakest team to advance. That means they get rest, while Calgary and Edmonton would likely have a physical series. The trouble here is, even if San Jose pulls off two more wins, they are seriously beat up. Now Edmonton seems to be built to withstand serious punishment, so IF they advance, they will probably be in good shape against Anahiem.

Well Hurlshot, your team played a hell of a series. I tip my hat to your organization for a great season. Two major award winners and the highest remaining seed in the west to be eliminated. And Toskala looked like he regained his form, just a game or two too late.

And holy wow. You could tell the crowd was hopping because on the icing call in the last thirty seconds it was audible, but barely. As Alan said, this is the first time in the Oilers' history they have come back to win a series after being down two games. And Roli the goalie picks up his first playoff shutout.

Alright here's my picks for the final round.

Carolina vs. Buffalo This one will be close. Almost too close. Carolina has better players but Buffalo has got the pack mentality thing down to a 'T' right now. This one will be done in six.

Anaheim vs. Edmonton How could I even think of picking the Ducks right now. Oil Power!! Oil Power!!!

Now I need to go tally up the second round points...

edit: And the numberes are up.

Alanschu still leads us all with 8 points. However Hurlshot and myself have moved to a point behind. Volourn hit 4, and we'll give Deraldin Delta Truth's three points from the first round since he hasn't been seen in here since his team was eliminated :ph34r: and add two from this round he has five.

Conference finals start Friday night!!

Let's Go Oilers!!! Let's go!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"Volourn hit 4"

Boooo!!!! :blink:

1. CAROLINA over Buffalo in 7: Even match. Carolina via home ice advantage.

2. ANAHEIM over Edmonton in 6: Evenly matched teams that shoulda been out in Round 1.. but aren't... I give the edge to Selanne's team though.

P.S. This means a congrats is in order for both Buffalo and Edmonton in the next 2 weeks. :blink:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'll have to go with Edmonton and Buffalo again. Buffalo is the eastern version of the Oilers. They aren't as talented as Carolina but they really work hard. The oilers are on a roll right now and Anaheim has had a pretty long break so I figure they are probably a little rusty.

I'm picking Edmonton versus Buffalo for the Cup. Pride dictates that I now root for Edmonton for the rest of the playoffs. Buffalo just has too much depth, but Carolina has proven me wrong twice already.

Well I think enough time has passed since the Flames didn't win :)

But the second round was quite interesting .. I'll admit Edmonton played great and deserved to win this series ... Quite the Irony Ducks and Oilers hmmm

But here are my picks

Anaheim vs Edmonton : Edmonton (wow ) huh in 7 games

Buffalo vs Carolina : Buffalo in 7 games

that would leave 2 of the fastest teams that can score .....

cheers