NHL

Fionavar

Did you get tickets Alan?

Nay.

My friend was third in line at ticketmaster and they were sold out.

The Sun/Journal said this morning that there were only 300 tickets available. If I lived in Edmonton I'd do my best to have season tickets. Nosebleeds fo sho, but season tickets nonetheless.

And here is some good natured Leaf bashing.

We haven't forgot about you Mkreku!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'd say a nice mixture of both. Marleau's one-timer in the first was wicked beautiful. And Edmonton couldn't adjust to the wisening of the Sharks' PK.

Of course our PK was perfect, but getting two shots in a period is nothing to be happy about. Maybe MacTavish will have to revert to the trap on Monday.

Hopefully some Oilers had their eyes opened tonight.

I wonder who'll suit up for Dvorak? I'd say Todd Harvey. He's a bit more of a mucker than Laraque, who just seems good at firing weak backhands and holding on to the puck in the corner.

San Jose had a pretty vocal crowd tonight. In the third it dawned on me 'why can't the NHL go back to the old system

of home whites?'.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I wouldn't be too surprised if Jacques gets a look-see, because he's a fast high-energy player.

I'm not sure if Harvey is healthy enough either. Good to see Pronger turn away when Niemminen got that late hit in. I'm surprised nothing was called on that actually. The play had been dead for quite some time, and it was clear it was going to be dead because of a high stick some time before. Ville continued to zoom in, and after Pronger took the puck and skated around, he got stapled into the boards pretty good.

I'm thinking Harvey because he has history with the Sharks. Might be a little motivation to pay back the team that cut you.

The trap won't work the same way against the Sharks as it did against the Wings. Both Sharks goals were because the big forwards on Marleau's line were cycling the puck along the boards. The Red Wings players don't do well along the boards, they are a fast transition team but not a grinding one.

The Oilers need to hit more if they want to even it out. They might take a few penalties, but they've got a decent PK system. The Sharks were way more physical last night. I swear though, Thornton is snake bit. He had another huge opportunity last night that he couldn't bury. He also set up Ekman a few times and Ekman failed to pull the trigger. I'm guessing Mark Smith will be moving up to his line pretty much every night.

One of the things that I enjoyed about last night's game was that there were no 5 on 3 PPs, and that it seemed like everyone was finishing their checks. I don't know if I agree that Niemminen had fifteen hits, but he was a hopping. Plus Ethan Moreau seemed to find his stride big time last night.

And Alan implied that Harvey is injured, so it looks like we'll be dressing teh big number 27 instead.

And I read in the paper this morning that the Sharks maxed out their decibal meter at 107. That's just one shy of the Oilers who clocked in at 108. Do you know if the Tank was sold out last night, Hurlie?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

All the playoff games are sold out. I believe they sold out in a couple hours. This isn't Nashville, we pack the Tank :luck:

Bummer about Harvey, I was hoping to see him play again. It's pretty odd that we have a back to back, but I guess it's no problem since both teams are young.

There is a lot more competition for your entertainment dollar in SJ than Edmonton, I would think. Aren't we playing the back to back games because the ice capades or something was in the HP Pavillion?

And I see on the Scores' ticker that big Georges will be dressing for Dvorak. He's pretty much been the poster boy for suck this year ( again) but sometimes in the playoffs he can really step it up a notch. Of course that was in the old NHl, mind you. Skate harder you big dude, you!!

2 hours, twenty minutes to game time. Should I watch the other games tonight or the DVD of Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins? Hmmm, tough choice...

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

What a gorram good second period. San Jose killing off the five on three while only one of their players had a stick was completely amazing.

I hate having to get up early for work when there is good hockey on late. <_<

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I don't know if my heart can handle many more of these 2-1 games. That was seriously intense. I've got to give props to Peca and Roloson. If Peca doesn't block the dang shot, Roloson gobbles it up very well.

That 5-3 was the most amazing PK I have ever seen. It was a bit tarnished by the goal during the 5-4, but the fact is Edmonton could have had two goals in that time. I seriously don't know how the PKers managed to stay in the lanes and even make plays without sticks. Eventually one of them dove to the ice and literally threw the puck out of the zone. Brilliant.

On to Edmonton!

Edmonton needs more puck support in San Jose's zone and less neutral zone turnovers.

That being said, the Sharks are slightly less dominant when playing away from home. Here's hoping there is a really big win for the Oil tomorrow night. Please jebus don't let us be swept!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif