NHL

Fionavar

I avoid playoff pools like the plague. If its regular season I figure you've got 82 games for your players to get their **** together. And since half of my playoff predictions are turning out wrong, I figure the best bet is to win money when it doesn't count.

Ands Buffalo isn't quite as talentless as you guys think. For the front lines you have Drury, Daniel Briere, Jochen Hecht, JP Dumont, Afina( I can't spell that, no way)gov. And some rising stars who you'll probably hear more of over the next few weeks or so, like Ales Kotalik and Jay Pominville ( who netted the other hat trick last night).

If I was in a playoff pool for Sportsnet and needed a few blueliners the choice is easy. Pronger, Neidermeyer, and Dan Boyle or Wade Redden.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I avoid playoff pools like the plague.  If its regular season I figure you've got 82 games for your players to get their **** together.  And since half of my playoff predictions are turning out wrong, I figure the best bet is to win money when it doesn't count.

Ands Buffalo isn't quite as talentless as you guys think.  For the front lines you have Drury, Daniel Briere, Jochen Hecht, JP Dumont, Afina( I can't spell that, no way)gov.  And some rising stars who you'll probably hear more of over the next few weeks or so, like Ales Kotalik and Jay Pominville ( who netted the other hat trick last night). 

If I was in a playoff pool for Sportsnet and needed a few blueliners the choice is easy.  Pronger, Neidermeyer, and Dan Boyle or Wade Redden.

I picked up both Redden and Neidermeyer, I had taken Phaneuf over Pronger which may have been a mistake Neidermeyer over Boyle.

Has anyone ever played with a broken finger? Did it hurt a lot?

I've played with a dislocated thumb, which was easy, and a fractured thumb. The dislocation wasn't really all that bad. The fracture happened when a shot connected with the top of my thumb. It forced the nail about 90% off and made the finger turn blue. The nail was the only real hassle, and I just taped it down. I would have just removed the whole thing, but that extra 10% is actually really painful. Eventually the new nail grew in and pushed the old one out.

I also bruised my middle finger severely once, but it didn't matter either. Both of these injuries happened to my left hand, so as a left handed shot, I only need my left hand for stability. My right hand holds the butt end of the stick, so an injury to that hand would likely be more serious. So which hand is it? And which finger?

Has anyone ever played with a broken finger? Did it hurt a lot?

I've played with a dislocated thumb, which was easy, and a fractured thumb. The dislocation wasn't really all that bad. The fracture happened when a shot connected with the top of my thumb. It forced the nail about 90% off and made the finger turn blue. The nail was the only real hassle, and I just taped it down. I would have just removed the whole thing, but that extra 10% is actually really painful. Eventually the new nail grew in and pushed the old one out.

I also bruised my middle finger severely once, but it didn't matter either. Both of these injuries happened to my left hand, so as a left handed shot, I only need my left hand for stability. My right hand holds the butt end of the stick, so an injury to that hand would likely be more serious. So which hand is it? And which finger?

I shoot righty. It's the pointer finger on the right finger. I've played with a fractured foot at a tournement (slapshot to foot), which wasn't to bad.

Ottawa-Tampa 8-4 final score. :)

EDIT: 5th goal for T-Bay was called off on account if it looking like it was kicked in.

Detroit-Edmonton coming right up! :lol:

Edmonton draws first blood 5 minutes in! 1-0!

Edited by Deraldin

Can't...speak...about...Oiler...game...jinxies!!!

As for Tampa, although they were shellacked tonight at least they kept battling.

And Marleau finally gets the Sharks on the board and ties the game!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

So far tonight it looks like Phaneuf and Thorton are getting the boot. Neither one has done much so far and there are others that I can pick up that are getting the points.

Kor: Quiet you! You're ruinging everything! Detroit goal. :p

EDIT: Crap... now I did it. I'll shut up now. :)

Edited by Deraldin

and what a sweet game by the Flames today . best game they played so far this series. McCarty played a solid game and even took a puck in the face and shook and came back .. Kristian Huselius played a great game too 5 points already

Yeah Phaneuf had a tough playoffs so far but he played a bit better the Flames are playing him less but practice makes perfect as they say...

Can't say I'm surprised San Jose won either good game for Marleau

Tomorrow can't wait for Montreal and Carolina so exciting

ooh and now they are having a review of the Detroit goal ! Hmmmm

That goal that went under the net nearly made me **** my pants.

What a game. I swear, my cigarette intake doubles during the playoffs.

Way to go Edmonton. Way to go.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Great game to be at. A good win for the Oilers as they battled back from some adversity. Played well for pretty much the entire game, but some quick goals by a talented Detroit team and they could have been packing.

Yeah Phaneuf had a tough playoffs so far but he played a bit better the Flames are playing him less but practice makes perfect as they say...

I've changed my mind. The only people that I could trade him for are doing just as bad as he is. <_<

I gained 16 points in my pool and still dropped over a thousand places! :ermm:

I'm sure Volourn will argue this, but Thornton was just awesome last night. He didn't put up any points, but he absolutely dominated the play. Seriously, Nashville couldn't get the puck from him, and he drew 4 penalties. He's also wearing out the top D line, allowing Marleau's line to clean up. Marleau deserves credit for putting the puck in the net, in fact he was the best player in the previous two games, but it helps that he can fly under the radar.

Hockey is about momentum. If a line goes out and dominates the play, even if they don't score, it's a huge lift. It allows the next line to go out and carry that momentum forward. Putting up points is not the only measure of a player's greatness.

Hockey is about momentum.  If a line goes out and dominates the play, even if they don't score, it's a huge lift.  It allows the next line to go out and carry that momentum forward.  Putting up points is not the only measure of a player's greatness.

Too bad stuff like that doesn't count in my hockey pool. Thorton only has one point so far. <_<

"I'm sure Volourn will argue this, but Thornton was just awesome last night"

No. He wans't. He has 1 point in 3 games a swell. This is a guy who won the scoring title. He has *no* exuse to not get points. He's choking, and his team is doing well in spite of him - espicially sinc ehis linemate (you know that one who supposeldy suck without him) has 4 points in 3 games....

No exuse whatsoever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I'm sure Volourn will argue this, but Thornton was just awesome last night"

No. He wans't. He has 1 point in 3 games a swell. This is a guy who won the scoring title. He has *no* exuse to not get points. He's choking, and his team is doing well in spite of him - espicially sinc ehis linemate (you know that one who supposeldy suck without him) has 4 points in 3 games....

No exuse whatsoever.

Uh huh.

For Volourn:

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- Joe Thornton sometimes seems to be playing a one-man game of keep-away in the playoffs -- and the Nashville Predators are losing it. 

Both coaches agree the San Jose center's physical presence is the defining difference in the clubs' first-round playoff series, even though Thornton has no goals and just one assist in three games. 

Now I'm not saying you don't know hockey, but seriously, every news source is saying the same thing. The coaches, the players, and the media all seem to agree that Joe Thornton is dominating the games, despite not getting on the score sheet. Do you really think he's failing?

Regular Season: 125 points, averaged 1.5 points game abouts

Play Offs: 1 point in 3 games, average .33PPG

Do you think he's not trying to get points, and sitting on his behind playing keeps.

Remember, a lot of folks on this board kept bragging about how Thornton was the only reason why cheechoo score as much as he did yet Cheecho has 4 points in 3 games.

I'm sure Thornton is doing those things that article mentions (I've seen parts of the Sharks games); but for some reason I have my doubts that somehow he's not trying to get points.

Bottom loine is he's not doing as well as the Regular Season just like Jagr isn't. They're both offensive players. A large part of their job is to get points. btw, Jagr's played keepaway with the Devils... It hasn't helped because unlike Thornton, Jagr's teammates suck.

I'm sure Thornton has helped his team get a 2-1 series lead; but he's nowhere near the dominating force he wa sin the last 25 games of the regular season. he was getting points then at will.

That is all. :devil:

P.S. For all you anti Jagr guys out there, most of the NHL players believe Jagr should win MVP yet most of the 'non professionals here disagree. I guess the professioanls are wrong.

P.P.S. As I said above, the article itself shared isn't lying; but I see the article as a way for some to try to exuse Thornton's lack of production. He's not a 4th line winger. He's on the power play a lot. A large part of his job is points production. He's simply not doing that. That's a fact.

P.P.P.S. As for not knowing hockey, I should ahve gone with my first instincts and kept with my thoughts the Devils would beat the Rangers. Hockey sense wise, I knew they'd likely outclass them; but silliness overwrought it all.

How many other people would even dare go against their own team?

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.