NHL

Fionavar

If the Oilers don't make the playoffs they will have nobody to blame but themselves ( and maybe a video goal judge). Last night the team played horribly for the first fifty minutes of the game and then magically woke up for the final ten.

Honestly it was the worst performance of the team since the seven game losing streak earlier in the season.

Color me unimpressed. A lot of stupid penalties in all three periods, little or no physical play, and our best line was the Mike Peca/ Radek Dvorak / Ethan Moreau line.

Edmonton is so ****ed right now.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Even your mighty Sharks aren't secure either Hurly. If they lose the two games to Vancouver, add in the loss to the Coyotes tonight and you could be whistling a different tune by the time the weekend comes.

Don't mind me, I'm always bitter when half of my team shows up for a game and the other half sticks their fingers up each other's asses.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm completely happy with the Sharks, but you gotta remember, I was on the outside looking in for the entire season. Actually being in a playoff spot is a new feeling for me.

Nobody is locked in though. 5-9 are still available. Colorado could even slip if they don't win 2 of 4. It's a crazy picture.

Nobody is locked in though.  5-9 are still available.  Colorado could even slip if they don't win 2 of 4.  It's a crazy picture.

If by that you mean the last half dozen games of the season are going to drive me crazy, then yes, you're correct.

Although Nashville is nearly secure in their spot something tells me they are in for another first round exit.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Vokoun being out is HUGE. He's been arguably the best goalie in the West this season, with Turco and Kipper the only other candidates. He could have stolen quite a few games, but now the Preds will just have to rely on Kariya. The Preds are used to being the underdogs though.

And I see Lucky Luc Robataille is deciding to hang up his skates at the end of the season for good. Although he is by far the worst pick in my hockey pool next to the younger Ruutu brother, the Lord of the Left Wing still has had a great career.

Hopefully his announcement will lead to management being forced to play him and not make him a healthy scratch for the last few games of the season. Plus he swore in Sudden Death!

The Coyotes are 6 for their last seven against San Jose. Smells like the Oilers and Wild to me. And I predict a three point game between Anaheim and Vancouver. Because that would make things even harder for the Oilers.

But I'm still clinging to hope, dammit, because that's all I have right now.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

But I'm still clinging to hope, dammit, because that's all I have right now.

Imagine being a Leafs fan then.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

See, now, whenever I try to do that I have the sudden urge to stick my head into one of those deep friers that they use to make all the greasy stuff at restaurants.

Actually I wanted to cheer for the Leafs one year since I had Sundin and Roberts in a pool team. But then I actually watched a few of their games and just couldn't do it. It felt like watching Calgary play, only more wrong. Although I have to admit Sundin, barring injury, is a consistant point producer and I've had in all of my pools. :)"

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

See, now, whenever I try to do that I have the sudden urge to stick my head into one of those deep friers that they use to make all the greasy stuff at restaurants.

Actually I wanted to cheer for the Leafs one year since I had Sundin and Roberts in a pool team. But then I actually watched a few of their games and just couldn't do it. It felt like watching Calgary play, only more wrong. Although I have to admit Sundin, barring injury, is a consistant point producer and I've had in all of my pools. :("

oh come on you can hop on the Flames bandwagon like some of the Oiler fans will do..

and a team that is on fire right now is Anaheim ,Selanne is looking real good right now.. should be interesting you gets the last spot Edmonton or Vancouver, I'm sure San Jose will qualify as they are peaking at the right time

Edited by Delta Truth

Hurlshot I like my crow medium well. And with a side of rice and peas.

Actually I flipped between both western games tonight. San Jose had those two really quick goals that the 'Yotes couldn't bounce back from. Nice work for Cheechoo to nail 51 goals.

Hopefully the Canucks won't eliminate the Oilers during the last game of the season, like they did before the lockout.

And I'm going to miss tomorrows' Edm-Detroit tilt because of work. That sucks.

Oiler fans that cheer for Calgary aren't really Oiler fans. They are flip floppy Alberta fans, who probably want King Ralph ousted as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Don't lose hope, I think Vancouver has looked aweful. I'm also wondering what the best match ups are...right now it's San Jose-Calgary. That's a rematch of the last conference finals. I see the first round exit teams like this:

Nashville (no Vokoun, probably facing the Ducks)

Colorado (Doesn't matter who they play, no goalie either)

Vancouver (if they make it, which isn't likely)

The rest of the teams are too close to call.

So.. Tonight's the night when Toronto finally gets eliminated, so I can spend the rest of the season coming up with lame excuses and needlessly mock other teams that are eliminated early.

So.. Tonight's the night when Toronto finally gets eliminated, so I can spend the rest of the season coming up with lame excuses and needlessly mock other teams that are eliminated early.

Woah, woah, woah. Needlessly? Is there such a thing when it comes to the early playoff elimination? :luck:" And on that note: Toronto sucks! :)

TORONTO DOESN'T SUCK YET! Atlanta are doing their part (leading Tampa 4 to 1 right now) and Sundin sure hasn't given up yet. He just scored his second of the game to tie it. He really is a fantastic clutch player!

Now to get that winning goal too..

Edit: Argh!! Sometimes hockey is just so.. unfair. Toronto are playing great and lead the shot on goal category 31-12 after two periods. BUT THEY TRAIL THE GAME 3-2!

Toronto must score at least twice more.. Or once and then win the shootout (something they have sucked at so far this season). Things are looking grisly.

Woohoo!! Sundin set up Antropov in the slot for the tie (3-3)!! We're in the game (the playoff hunt) again! If only we can get that WINNING goal too, so it doesn't go to shootouts :p

Nieuwendyk scored a hattrick and I almost swore out a lung. Then, just minutes after, Sundin scores his third of the game!! Toronto are still in this one! COME ON NOW, TORONTO!! AND BENCH THAT F*CKING IAN WHITE ALREADY! HE SUCKS!

Edited by mkreku

FOURTH GOAL BY SUNDIN MAKES IT 5-4!! THE CAPTAIN ISN'T GIVING UP!! JESUS CHRIST WHAT A GAME!!

Edit button disappeared for some reason, so sorry about the double post, but **** this is exciting!!

Edit: It's overtime! :) Freak bounce from the boards gave Florida a cheap goal and then stupid rookie Alexander Steen takes a penalty during the final two minutes.

LEAFS WIN IT!! MATS SUNDIN SET UP KABERLE FOR THE GAME WINNER IN OVERTIME!!

Sundin had 4 goals and 2 assists! That's what I call a clutch player :D

Edited by mkreku

All I can say is ****. That and I'm glad I picked Sundin in my pool .

Edmonton seems to be doing a really good job of making it harder for themselves to stay in the top eight. I'm really glad I didn't shell out the eleven bucks just to tape the game and watch it now.

And that was quite the comeback for TO.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Chicago really needs to suck it up if they're going to get that #1 pick, I fear switching out the minor-league team would only result in more wins, what to do what to do.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"Sundin had 4 goals and 2 assists! That's what I call a clutch player"

So clutch his team is gonna miss the play-offs. :-"

That said, he had a GREAT game. No doubt about it.

I think 6 points (as well as 4 goals) are the best in the NHl this season for a single game, right?

Good stuff by Sundin.

Bad stuff by the Rangers.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Chicago really needs to suck it up if they're going to get that #1 pick, I fear switching out the minor-league team would only result in more wins, what to do what to do.

That's the great thing about the NHL draft. Being the worst team doesn't guarantee the #1 pick. Teams don't need to tank on purpose.

That's the great thing about the NHL draft. Being the worst team doesn't guarantee the #1 pick. Teams don't need to tank on purpose.

You need to e-mail the 'Hawks and let them know

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.