NHL

Fionavar

"And Tom Poti is not a good defenceman Volo"

Yes, he is, and his stats back it up. Repeatedly.

By the way, good does NOT mean best, top 5, or whatever. It means good.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

7-0. Now that's a score I'd like to see more often :p)

I notice that Edmonton isn't doing too good tonight.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I went to the Sharks game tonight. I'm amazed they managed a point, seeing as they didn't even show up for the first two periods. At least that will help them gain a bit of ground.

Scott Parker is a lame goon and he doesn't deserve to sit on the bench.

I vote Kipper for league MVP, despite the fact I can't stand him. Without him Calgary would be next to nothing. Hurlshot, just think of how your team would be doing if San Jose wouldn't have gave him to Calgary for next to nothing.

And the Oilers just couldn't get it done yesterday. Edmonton seemed to pull within one but some spotty officiating took care of that. Now the Flames are six points ahead of us and the Sharks are three back. Not good.

But I wouldn't trade the Oilers' eighth seed for Torontos' eleventh spot any day, Mkreku. About the only chance the Leafs have is if they win all of their remaining games and Tampa goes down the toilet.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Kipper had his chance at the number 1 spot in San Jose and he failed miserably. Sutter took a gamble on him and it paid off. I'm very glad he's doing so well in Calgary, but I can't say I'd give up my two goalies for him right now. Nabokov has proven himself with three 30-win seasons and Toskala is coming into his own. I do think that Nabokov will recover.

At one point, San Jose had Nabokov, Kiprusoff, Johan Hedberg, and Vesa Toskala. That's some pretty solid goalie depth, but you can only play one at a time.

Kipper had his chance at the number 1 spot in San Jose and he failed miserably.  Sutter took a gamble on him and it paid off.  I'm very glad he's doing so well in Calgary, but I can't say I'd give up my two goalies for him right now.  Nabokov has proven himself with three 30-win seasons and Toskala is coming into his own.  I do think that Nabokov will recover.

At one point, San Jose had Nabokov, Kiprusoff, Johan Hedberg, and Vesa Toskala.  That's some pretty solid goalie depth, but you can only play one at a time.

So who do you think is going to be traded? ;)"

Huet is doing amazing right now. He's only one shutout behind Kipper right now. Huet has a 200 some minute shutout streak going against Boston and we've got another game against Boston coming up. :rolleyes:

The Leafs only have to win like.. 7 of their last 9 games if they want to make it to the playoffs. Oh, and the competing teams have to start losing some games. GREAT ODDS, I THINK I'LL GO BET MY LIFE SAVINGS ON IT.

The Leafs only have to win like.. 7 of their last 9 games if they want to make it to the playoffs. Oh, and the competing teams have to start losing some games. GREAT ODDS, I THINK I'LL GO BET MY LIFE SAVINGS ON IT.

Go bet against the Leafs. Once you put down your life savings on them not making the playoffs they will make it in. :("

Jebus. Edmonton is playing like their lives depend on it tonight and it shows. 5-1 with a few minutes left in the second. No wait, I just missed a goal and now it's 6-1.

The Oil have a pair of rookies on the fourth line who each recorded their first NHL point on the first goal. Then the top line scored. Next came a pair of goals from the third line. Mike Peca is bringing the best out of Ethan Moreau and Radek Dvorak.

I just wish we could have had this intesity and solid d-work against Calgary.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

It's really going to come down to the line. I'm watching Chicago beat Colorado and it's very rewarding...

Dang, they just tied it with less than a minute remaining.

Ah well, San Jose won, so I can go to bed happy.

Leafs lost, but got one point. They're now 8 points behind the final playoff spot.

Buffalo coach is foaming at the mouth over that hit by Tucker. I couldn't help but laugh at him on TSN. :huh:"

And while we're on the topic of suspending players...

Suspend the atlanta team! Those bums are trying to eliminate what's left of my senators. Even without Daniel Alfredsson Zdeno Chara, Wade Redden and Chris Phillips, Mike Fisher, Martin Havlat and Dominik Hasek we still beat them after they gave Tyler Arnason a concussion with an elbow to the head from Garnet Exelby. <_<

YES! Toronto got a MUCH needed win! They didn't play well, but snuck away with two points. I still haven't given up all hopes about the playoffs, although it sure seems impossible. This win, however small and unfair, is a tiny step in the right direction as it's been these close games that Toronto has lost all season. Oh, and those mega-super-giganto losses to the Senators of course :(

Nine points out of ten possible from the last five games. It's not shabby, now that I think about it. Too little, too late?

The Sharks are actually in a great spot. It looks bad because they are still hovering between 8 and 9, but they've got more games left than all the teams in reach. With seven games, they need to win 4 to really wrap it up. They also need to at least split the 2 with Vancouver. It's a pretty messy situation, but I'd rather be the Sharks than Vancouver right now. Vancouver needs to go undefeated to really keep themselves in it.

^^New name, new avatar, same old KotorKyle...

Actually this race in the west is giving me panic attacks. I just wish that Anaheim and Teemu Salami would tank their last seven games and then Edmonton, San Jose and Vancouver could all go to the big dance.

But I guess the point is moot. Only four of the teams in the conference top eight currently have goaltenders that have won playoff rounds ( CGY, DET, DAL, ANA). I guess you could count Rollie the goalie from the Oil but that was with a different team. Experience pays off come the playoffs. Big time.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

^^New name, new avatar, same old KotorKyle...

Actually this race in the west is giving me panic attacks.  I just wish that Anaheim and Teemu Salami would tank their last seven games and then Edmonton, San Jose and Vancouver could all  go to the big dance. 

But I guess the point is moot.  Only four of the teams in the conference top eight currently have goaltenders that have won playoff rounds ( CGY, DET, DAL, ANA).  I guess you could count Rollie the goalie from the Oil but that was with a different team.  Experience pays off come the playoffs.  Big time.

Nabby in San Jose has won a couple rounds as well, although his job as starter looks pretty weak right now.

You're right Hurly, I totally forgot that SJ made it to what, the quarter finals a couple of years back. Or was it the conference final? Then afterwards the whole team went to management and said 'Keep us together and we'll bring the cup home'. I won't mention what happened the next season. :ph34r:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You're right Hurly, I totally forgot that SJ made it to what, the quarter finals a couple of years back.  Or was it the conference final?  Then afterwards the whole team went to management and said 'Keep us together and we'll bring the cup home'.  I won't mention what happened the next season. :ph34r:

How soon people forget. San Jose made it to the conference final and lost in 7 games to the Flames in '04.