NHL

Fionavar

I wasn't speaking strictly points, Alan. If you check out the super stat sheets at the NHL website you'll notice he didn't even register a shot on goal last night. In fact, aside from his ice time Samsonov had no measurable stats in any category, which was what I was referring to.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Also, you might wanna give the guy a break. He's only played a couple of times with the new team, in a new city. I am sure he'll settle in just fine and start producing as normal in a few games.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Quiet, you, you're just on a high from your Leafs stealing a victory over the Bruins last night.

I'm not expecting Samsonov to come in and plop down thirty points in his last twenty games or anything like that. But from what I saw last night, granted I was half asleep, the guy was barely on the ice. He played ten minutes five on five and only another two on the PP. If you're bringing a guy in to supply offence wouldn't it be prudent to play him? Our rookie d-man Matt Greene nearly had more ice time than Sergei did last night.

This is the stat page I was referring to.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I wasn't speaking strictly points, Alan.  If you check out the super stat sheets at the NHL website you'll notice he didn't even register a shot on goal last night.  In fact, aside from his ice time Samsonov had no measurable stats in any category, which was what I was referring to.

He still wasn't invisible. He was creating plays out there. I never much liked the shot count anyways, because if a guy hits 20 posts, it would give the impression that he wasn't even shooting the puck.

He was also the third assist on the Smyth Goal. He made the nice cycle to get it to Hemsky, who fired the quick pass to Spacek for the one timer that Smyth deflected. He did some nice skating to create room, had the defense commit, passed back to Hemsky and the rest is history. It gave Spacek a nice line to the net with Smyth alone in front to deflect it.

Allright, obviously I can see I'm wrong here, so thanks for clearing that up Alan.

Tonight I'll be doing something different and cheer for the Red Wings over Anaheim.

BTW what was all the hubbub in the Coyotes/Kings game last night? From the highlights it looks like there was a whole lot of anger going on in the rink. Did anyone actually see that game?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Samsonov+Horcoff+broken stick+open ice=two more points for the Oil.

I see what you were saying about the playmaking of our newest member,Alan. He dangles like Hemsky and doesn't cough up the puck.

If the playoffs started tomorrow it would be a first round BOA. How long has it been since that happened?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I :thumbsup: Samsonov.

When I saw him grab the puck in the corner, I just had a good feeling. As he weaved his way in and out eyeing up the play, I actually stood up at the bar we were on because I just had that feeling. Once it hit Horcoff, my hands were already in the air :D

I was lying on the couch with my arms stretched up in the air when that goal went in. It seemed odd for Kipper to let two shaky goals go by him, but I won't bitch about it.

Next up, a visit from the Wings. All I can say is hopefully Jason Smith can knock down Pavel Datsyuk as well as he checked Iginla last night.

On an unrelated note, my town is hosting the womens world curling championships. I saw the swedish ladies team at work today. The two younger members were very hawt.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The Leafs were very physical against Buffalo last night, and they really played a great game. It just wasn't their night as the killing shot was a lucky slap from behind the back on a rolling puck that went over the entire stretch of the ice and into the open goal of the Leafs. Unlucky, but that's the way the puck bounces sometimes.

Here is some lovely quotes courtesy of TSN

"He doesn't get frustrated if he gets hit, he gets up and keeps playing.  Not like that other rookie, who starts crying. I think there's a big difference in the attitude." - Senators  RW Daniel Alfredsson comes down in favour of Capitals LW Alexander Ovechkin as compared to Penguins C Sidney Crosby

"He can make chicken soup out of chicken (bleep).  Everybody is coached so well, every defenceman knows how to play the one-on-one. It's very rare that you see it and he can beat people clean. That's the key. He can create chances from nothing, really." - More Alfredsson praise for Ovechkin

"Some guys I can make laugh; some guys I can make punch me out." - Penguins LW Colby Armstrong

"I've been (expletive) since the Olympics, to be honest with you.  A couple of good games, but still letting in three goals a game. I've just been (expletive)." - Red Wings G Manny Legace

"I'd say they would be 50 percent better players if they would dish it off sometimes." - Blue Jackets C Sergei Fedorov has some advice for young linemates Rick Nash and Nikolai Zherdev

"Every time I've had a botox injection, it

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

As much as I like Henrik Lundqvist, I really hope he has a really bad night tonite, for once..

That is, if he gets to play. Not so worried about Weekes, he's been more human.

Heh.

What's funny is in the 5 games he played during the Rangers' losing streak his GAA went down, and his S% stayed the same. He also never gave up more than 3 goals (and, only did so in OT/SO).

In the last game when the Rangers actually won he gave up 4 goals (on 40 shots).

It doesn't look good for the Leafs as I doubt he'll give up 4 goals in back to back games, and it seems the Rangers' offense has returned. :)

I apologize to Leaf fans in advance. :-"

P.S. I'd like the Leafs to make the play-offs; but not at the expense of the Rangers. :luck:

Weeks is a goofball.. Solid back up; but like you said, if he plays the Rangers are definitely more beatable.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So Jagr scored what, four points tonight? This guy is going to make me a killing in my hockey pool.

At least there were some positives for you tonight, Mkreku. Montreal was upset by the 'Burgh (hey another four points!), and Atlanta woke up the sleeping Flyers.

But at the same time you look at the night that rookie Brad Boyes had for the Bruins tonight and wonder why both the Leafs and the Sharks thought he wasn't good enough to play.

As for the Flames, nah, I'll just keep my mouth shut.

It's tied at one in the middle of the second for the Oil/Detroit tilt . If Edmonton gets a point I'll be happy. If they win I won't feel so bad for staying up late to watch the game when I have an early work day tommorow.

Edit: Big goal from SAH dman Steve Staios. And Samsonov on the powerplay is a bloody treat to watch!!!

2nd edit: Damn you old paint Chris Chelios... <_< if you see the replay please don't laugh.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

2nd edit:  Damn you old paint Chris Chelios... <_< if you see the replay please don't laugh.

That was a wierd goal. He fumbled his stick then managed to get a quick wrist shot off. Other than that it's been a great game so far. And it's only 11:38pm here, not that late. ;)

And WTF was up with Calgary tonight? :o

Edited by Deraldin