Vampire Masquerade

DeathzBlade

"I guess my defenition is that a "chosen one" is someone with more power than a "standard character" would have. Another point is how everything seems to revolve around you all the time, you are'nt a keyplayer in the game, you practically are the game itself. Almost nothing happens without you having been present. One example is BG you are the offspring of a dead god, giving you a great destiny and power from the start. In JE you are the last of the spiritmonks, the only capable of destroying the evil in the land. KOTORS character always comes off as a giant twink, former warlord that controlled several fleets, badass in using lightsabers and obscenly strong with forcepowers."

Well, by your defintion, you are basically a Chosen One tm in FO series, and PST as well. Not to mention most games. In pratically every game the game focuses on the PC as being soemthing special even if they're actually just a normal person.

"In JE you are the last of the spiritmonks, the only capable of destroying the evil in the land."

Of course, there's the fact you can utterly destroy the Spirit, and dominate the land. And, you aren't really the only one capable of it.

"KOTORS character always comes off as a giant twink, former warlord that controlled several fleets, badass in using lightsabers and obscenly strong with forcepowers"

Who ultiamtely failed as he got backstabbed by his minion, and then brainwiped by his former enemies.

"One example is BG you are the offspring of a dead god, giving you a great destiny and power from the start."

Really? Is this great power the power that allows you to do die from a single magic missle or a single attack my xvart? Weird. That's awesome power! As for great destiny.. no more destiny than all the other PCs in any other game.

It's not destiny if there's the possibility of failure.

"you possessed the relic that connected you to Mephistopheles from the very beginning."

Of course, the 'Chosen One' aspect here was just a ruse by Meph. He didn't care about you. He only used you because you had stumbled upon the artifact. You werne't anything special. Meph just made the Drow Priestess *believe* you were which ironically his only tricks and games backfired on him.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It is the great power that grants you innate abilities that no other person gets.

Was always nice putting powerbuffs on me for free.

Really? Is this great power the power that allows you to do die from a single magic missle or a single attack my xvart? Weird. That's awesome power! As for great destiny.. no more destiny than all the other PCs in any other game.

Eh, the Chosen One aspect in Fallout isn't very comparable. The PC is some average person who was unlucky and got chosen to go out there and save the Vault. He or she weren't even the first choice to begin with. I think any special thing about the PC comes directly from where the character stands during times of adversity and in the choices made, and not some sense that he or she is one grand hero with ultimate powers.

Oh and yeah. Bloodlines is great.

Eh, the Chosen One aspect in Fallout isn't very comparable. The PC is some average person who was unlucky and got chosen to go out there and save the Vault.

:|

Chosen among a few not because of some great power he or she possessed, but simply because he got the short straw.