Vampire Masquerade

DeathzBlade

Iirc, multiplayer would have been totally separated from the single player campaign. More of a traditional FPS multiplayer where your vampires could square off against eachother. I think skills were supposed to be used in that. I wonder how Celerity would have been implemented...

It would be nice if they made another VtM game but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Bloodlines as a multiplayer game? That would make for an interesting play.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well, there are Vampire hunter player models and some of their "disciples" in the Bloodlines files. I guess it was going to be at least partly a humans versus undead match.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And may the vampires have won. :)

Too bad it was cut out.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Ahah, I would have wagered the Leopoldians have won. Reckoning on undead kind.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Send the Tremere after the Leopolds and see how long they last against blood magic. :devil:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Well, KOTOR 1 and 2 also sold millions of copies.  The Vampire computer games were not good sellers at all.

You may have enjoyed it, but no one is going to finance a game if they don't think it will sell.

A shame really, Bloodlines was an excellent game, excluding some of the bugs of course. It would have been a decent seller if they beta tested it better than what they did.

I followed bloodlines sales, it never went higher then 13th on the top PC games sales list.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

13th isn't that bad considering how many pc games are spammed out :sorcerer:

If it was developed in some guys attic with a couple friends sure. 13th is fantastic to recoup your costs. However when you talk a couple million investment to develop a AAA game like this you need to be in the top 10 for several weeks just to break even. Or at worst top 20 for longer. It debuted at 13th the first week and just went downhill from there. In the end it lost money I believe.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I think it struggled to sell 100k units.

So $50. x 100k = 5million. Seems like a lot but minus the retail stores cut, minus a few million from development costs, then the developers cut... I dont think the publisher made much to brag about. And thats assuming all 100k units were at full price which we all know isnt the case. Here in Boston about a month after release it dropped to $39. from $49.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I think it struggled to sell 100k units.

So $50. x 100k = 5million. Seems like a lot but minus the retail stores cut, minus a few million from development costs, then the developers cut... I dont think the publisher made much to brag about. And thats assuming all 100k units were at full price which we all know isnt the case. Here in Boston about a month after release it dropped to $39. from $49.

100k units is not that much at all.

I don't even know if it made 100k...I remember seeing a number a while ago that had it around 80k.

I didn't buy the game until much later after it's release. A month or so before Troika bit the dust.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

just going to say there will never be a vampire masquerade mmo because that'd go against the game world, ie you'd have skillions of vampires running around in the world where theres' only supposed to be a few.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

just going to say there will never be a vampire masquerade mmo because that'd go against the game world, ie you'd have skillions of vampires running around in the world where theres' only supposed to be a few.

There r actually a lot of Vampires in the timeframe of Masquerade, more hundredthousands of them, so its nothing weird about it, but if a MMORPG would be created from it, then they should also let players 'diablerie' :D

IB1OsQq.png