Resident Evil 4

Touch

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My desire to buy the PS2 version has increased considerably then :-

The GC version felt like an insult, it was so easy :)

The PS2 version also has extra stuff. I think the Aida things are only in the PS2 version, and those were very interesting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Does the PS2 version have Assignment Ada in it?

I know it has Seperate Ways, but AA was in the GC version... but I've heard nothing about it in the PS2 version :-

Yep. Assignment Ada, Seperate Ways, and some Mercenary thing that I've only attempted once.

Separate Ways (I always confuse this with Assignment Ada) was great, IMO, because it helped explain a bunch of stuff that might have left people wondering.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hah after completing RE4 I had to go back and play the only one I hadn't played yet, Code Veronica X.

Man the controls took some getting used to after getting adjusted to the RE4 controls.

Yes.  But it still didn't have anything to do with the Umbrella, T-Virus, etc. storyline though.

It did have something to do with Umbrella, what with Wesker in the background trying to restore Umbrella.

You people should be marking spoilers. You all annoyed me and now I'm gonna sue!

I need it to complete my RE collection anyway :D

Speaking of which, nearly all the Resident Evil titles had a Gamecube version, right?

From the main Nintendo site which-won't-let-me-create-an-account-because-I'm-not-residing-in-the-US-die-die-die:

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

What are Zero and Deadly Silence all about? By the title I assume Zero is a prequel to all the zombie shenanigans.

What are Zero and Deadly Silence all about? By the title I assume Zero is a prequel to all the zombie shenanigans.

Zero is the events before RE1, 1 day before I believe as the first STARS team went to the house. Rebecca Chambers stars, I believe.

Dunno what Deadly Silence is about.

Resident Evil Zero

- Versions: Gamecube

Resident Evil

- Versions: PC, PSX (Resident Evil), PSX (Resident Evil Director's Cut), GC (REmake), DS (Resident Evil: Deadly Silence)

Resident Evil 2

- Versions: PC, PSX (Resident Evil 2), PSX (Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock edition), DC, GC

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

- Versions: PC, PSX, DC, GC

Resident Evil Code Veronica X

- Versions: DC, GC, PS2

Resident Evil 4

- Versions: GC, PS2

Other RE games

Resident Evil Survivor

- PSX, PC

Resident Evil Dead Aim

- PS2

Resident Evil: Outbreak

- PS2

Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2

- PS2

System abreviations:

PC: Computer

PSX: Playstation

PS2: Playstation 2

GC: Gamecube

DS: That new nintendo handheld

DC: Dreamcast

There's a couple other re games, but they aren't worth mentioning ^_^

If you want to play all the REs you need a GC and PS2, but a GC will get you all the "main" games.

Oh, and finally...

Zero: Is the events leading up to the mansion incident. Focusing on Rebecca Chambers and STARS Bravo Team.

Deadly Silence is just a REmake of the original RE (PSX version)

What's Outbreak like?  I hear it was pretty crappy, but that was in a gaming magazine and their reviews aren't really spot-on.

I found Outbreak to be awesome :(

Of course it's meant to be played online so the offline AI kinda sucks, and is pretty counter productive at some points... but once you unlock single character mode the game plays like any other RE :)

For some it's an aquired taste though.