A Hello, Asking, Noob, Post...

:blink: Hello All,

Let me intrudice myself firstly. I am Mossa TheGreat, fame second name, real first name. I dreams about making games, read their story make objects and functions and voices and alike that. I started to learn how to use some 3D programs, like AutoDesk 3Ds Max. I am a super big fan of the KOTOR 1-2 Games, they both we're made in a fantastic way. As for best in my eyes the KOTOR 2 from Obsidian was best, through it missed a couple of stuff, but thats probley time limit, and its all good.

I live in Denmark, and are 14 years old, so I trys to start young soo I can learn almost everything from the begining. And not to forget I have exams and school stuff to keep an eye on... I AM BUSY!!!

:D That was a bit about myself, now to the post, and please be kind Moderators I will listen to you, just give me a chance.

I wanted to ask about what Obsidian expect from one of their Game Designers. And if they do give payment to their Developers, and how all that stuff ike moving happens. I've been reading some in the Job thing, and... I wanted to speak to someone that knows about these things...

I am thinking about studying something in the computer world, and learn this as a secondly thing. Because I am feeling a little fear in my that this might not give good money as I am thinking right now... What do you say`s? Your words will be apprecaited.

Thank you!

Hi and stuff.

Because I am feeling a little fear in my that this might not give good money as I am thinking right now...

If you really like gaming industry then pay should be a secundary thing, right? Um, and by law in any western country you

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

First let me say that your English is quite good considering your age. There are some mistakes that clearly identify you as a non-native speaker, but overall its written well enough.

If you really are interested in creating your own games some day, I would suggest you start making mods for already existing ones in the next few years. If it is RPGs you would like to work with, Obsidian's upcoming Neverwinter Nights 2 would be an excellent place to begin; its toolset should be easy to use. Just remember that massive projects are certainly not the place to start; try making a few smaller ones first.

Some high schools offer courses that will teach you programming languages. If your high school is among those, take advantage of them.

When playing games, take mental notes on what you like and don't like. Studying how certain aspects are implemented in games you currently play can be a suprisingly good teacher.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet