New NWN2 Interview

Llyranor

http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/Articles/nwn2_interview.php

There isn't exactly anything really new, but the emphasis here was on the 3.5e rules.

Then I remembered that I don't really know the 3.5e rules that well.

From the class rebalancing, I remembering the monk being able to use the quarterstaff and having an improved Flurry of Blows; the bard being able to cast in light armor and having 6skills/lvl; the ranger being able to choose whether to morph into Drizzt or Legolas, having 6skills/lvl and 8hp/lvl.

Is there much rebalancing in the other more classes? Anything significant?

Also, does anyone know if incantations on the Eldritch Blast for the Warlord are free actions, or whether any modifications to the blast require wasting more time?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The major aspects of the rebalancing of the classes in DnD 3.5 was to make some classes less top heavy. Meaning their abilities are more spread out than having them given the best abilities at the first few flevels. Barbarian and Paladin also got the refit done to them.

There are not any significant major changes from 3.0 to 3.5 but there are a lot of minor changes that do add up. My suggestion is to read the SRD and take a good look these changes yourself. I can give you a link if you cannot find it on the Wizard's site.

Personally I like Arcana Evolve more than 3.5, but that is just me.

SP: To what extent will horses be integrated into the game? Essential part of a class and gameplay ala paladin's warhorse (actually usable in battle), or only there for travelling and carrying all the loot?

Ferret Baudoin: Unfortunately this is something we really can

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Well, I just like 3.5 because they've improved my 3 favorite classes for the better. Monks with quarterstaves!!!

EDIT: Q: Is applying an eldritch essence / eldritch blast a free action?

A: Modifying your eldritch blast with a blast shape or eldritch essence is so free, you can do it at no cost at all. It's like the decision of how much you want to Power Attack for. I wouldn't even dignify it by calling it a free action.

Excellent.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

No.

I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a game I already paid for. That is why NWN 2 will be better than any lame assed MMORPG. You can get all the online niceness of a MMMORPG with out the damn monthly fees. Also you get a single player game incase you don't want to deal with any jerks online. Last I checked there is no SP options in DnD Online.

No.

I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a game I already paid for.  That is why NWN 2 will be better than any lame assed MMORPG.  You can get all the online niceness of a MMMORPG with out the damn monthly fees.  Also you get a single player game incase you don't want to deal with any jerks online.  Last I checked there is no SP options in DnD Online.

no, there arent but you can get real p&p -er people to have a group with, and speak as char-s and act like your own char-s, so it is the best fun ever :D

IB1OsQq.png

Actually, I'm looking forward to the new Warlock class. The various incantations sound like they could be lots of fun. Different shapes for the blast depending on the situation, and different enhancements depending on the enemies' weaknesses (saves).

Would be somewhat similar to the shifter (which I loved going through SoU and HotU with), seeing how long I could go without resting.

Hadescopy.jpg

Actually, I'm looking forward to the new Warlock class. The various incantations sound like they could be lots of fun. Different shapes for the blast depending on the situation, and different enhancements depending on the enemies' weaknesses (saves).

Would be somewhat similar to the shifter (which I loved going through SoU and HotU with), seeing how long I could go without resting.

Sounds like a very versatile mage. Which is why I like the idea, reminds me of FFs Red Mage, except without the sword.

EDIT : FFXIs Red Mage anyways. Being able to do a large variety of work allows them to survive, despite the fact that they aren't extremely skilled in any one field.

Edited by Haitoku

Warlock isnt a very good class in PnP, it does some things ok but its not really good for anything.

and MMO's ...my idea of roleplaying isnt exactly

"OMFG!10101 l0lz0rz. cn I get armor dupe plz?"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No.

I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a game I already paid for.  That is why NWN 2 will be better than any lame assed MMORPG.  You can get all the online niceness of a MMMORPG with out the damn monthly fees.  Also you get a single player game incase you don't want to deal with any jerks online.  Last I checked there is no SP options in DnD Online.

I find that paying to play online lame. You already spent good money on the damned game why pay more. Stupid.

no, there arent but you can get real p&p -er people to have a group with, and speak as char-s and act like your own char-s, so it is the best fun ever  :D

If I want to play with people I play real PnP. I don't need a MMORPG for that. I play computer games because I want to be alone.

Yes me too, but what if ya don't have any other RPG-ers in :

same street?

same block?

same city?

or if you don't /they don't have time to play much, or you're moved or have to work elsewhere on planet, or else... : ;)

Then you have MMORPG-s :D

I can play pnp on weekends with 3-6 friends of mine

(D&D Forg.Realms+Dragonlance+ourown+StarWars,Vampire,

7 seas,wanna try now battletech)

now ya understand? I'm not fan of MMORPG-s ,I'm one of p&p RPG-s with connection problems to others if not weekend :thumbsup:

IB1OsQq.png