Sinuses

Commissar

Screw doctors, I self-medicate.

If you can inhale, inhale a blast of ammonia through your nose ( vapors only obviously ). If it feels like you're opening sinuses in the back of your head then your sinuses are clear and you have other problems.

I found this out when I found some of my parent's ammonia caps. I thought they were amal nitrate and took a big blast. Christ that hurt. >_<

Should I mix it with bleach? I think I'll go mix it with bleach.

Contray to what everybody's been saying here, leave your sinuses alone and they will self repair. The more you aggrivate them, the longer it'll take.

That goes for your ears too btw.

There's nothing wrong with my ears.

I'm still not even entirely sure this is a sinus infection. Sure sounds like it, but I've never had one before, so no real way to be sure.

You really should visit a doctor.

I had sinus infection very often until I went to a good doctor. I've done x-ray and a thorough examination and it turned out that I don't have chronical sinusitis as other doctors said.

It was inflammed adenoids that caused sinuses inflammation when I go out in cold for a little. Plus a deformed nasal convex which was the reason that my nose is blocked so easily when I get the infection.

Should I mix it with bleach?  I think I'll go mix it with bleach.

:D That would form chloromides. Not such a good idea. :blink:

BTW-It's that same chemical reaction that usually causes a swimming pool to smell. I'll give you guys one guess where the ammonia is coming from. <_<

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I would stay away from self-administered antibiotics. Here is my plan:

1) Consider possibility that you have a sinus infection. These can be extremely serious.

2) Assume for time being you merely have inflamed nose gubbins.

3) Prepare mixture of camphor oil, cloves, and friar's balsam.

4) Go for long run. Whatever will really get your system whirring.

5) When you return from the run take your inhalation mixture, and add to boiling water in a bowl. Put your head over the bowl, and cover with a towel, so you inhale the fumes. This will feel like being strangled by hippies.

6) Repeat as necessary once a day.

7) At best this will bring down your inflammation. At worst it will make you realise there are worse things than your present condition, and burn off some Christmas flab.

:blink: Go visit a damn doctor.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm beginning to think I have the same problem as you right now Commisar, I have this pain just behind my right eyebrow, which hurts at random times, although my ears don't hurt when i try to pop them...

Tell me, when you look up, does it hurt where the 'pocket of air' is Commisar? :lol:

I'm beginning to think I have the same problem as you right now Commisar, I have this pain just behind my right eyebrow, which hurts at random times, although my ears don't hurt when i try to pop them...

Tell me, when you look up, does it hurt where the 'pocket of air' is Commisar? ;)

No.

My ears don't hurt when I try to pop them, either, it's my sinus that hurts.

Go see a doctor.  If they screw up, you can still sue.  You can't sue yourself. ;)

Actually, you can't sue military doctors.

And it's not that I really think they'd accidentally saw my arm off or something. Nor is it the cost, since insurance covers any and all visits. It's simply not willing to be bothered to go down there, stand around for an hour and a half, and be told to take the antibiotics I already have at home for ten days.

I like military docs. They don't soft soap you. If you are properly ill they tell you. And if you are just whining they tell you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This thread re-acquired my attention thanks to something Surreptishus said in that other thread about things that suck (since this effectively sucks). Because the same thing happened to me today: I took a flight to my grandparents in the far north of this country, and the descent was completely fine. I was even surprised, because I usually have some problems when I haven't flown in a while and I also have a slight cold.

That's what makes today's painful torment all the more puzzling, as I thought I was going to die or something during the descent. I felt the worst pain I've ever had in a plane, and now I've got blood coming from my right nostril and also down in my mouth through the throat. Not floods of it, but never having had nosebleed before in my life and also being a bit of a hypochondriac I'm obviously a touch alarmed. So, not that I wanna sound crass or anything, but knowing that this has happened to other people who are not dead yet kind of comforts me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Darth_Schmarth

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

do you have some sort of aversion to over the counter medicines such as the king-daddy cold and flu relief known as dayquil? sure, whacked out on about 4 different drugs for what seems like an eternity (drink about a pot of coffee and you'll really fly), but hey, no pain, no pain!

oh, then you top if off with a double dose of nyquil for beddy time and oila! morning in no time...

taks

comrade taks... just because.