Believe

Gabrielle

Athiest's have just as much faith in their belief as people who believe in a gad have.  As far as I have seen, it can not be proven.

Agreed Pixies.

and to poke fun at the arrogant argument stuff, "I think therefore I am arrogant"

There is no god/gods period. The sooner the human race accepts this fact the better off we will. No more religous hatred in the Middle East, Northern Ireland and other hot spots.

First off, you act like you know for a fact. Is there some sort of information you know that the rest of us don't? Secondly, we won't be any better off, if anything, we might be worse off. Sure, no more religous hatred, but other hatred to fill that place. You can't change humanity, and part of being a human is hatred. You can not just abolish greed, and jealousy. It is part of our human nature. People need to believe in God. People have to have that hope.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Did you actually read my first post?

People do not need to believe in something that does not exist, believe that this imaginary being will come down and save the day. Have faith in yourself to do the right thing. Praying to a false image isn't going to get you a better job, more pay, improve the living conditions of the poor. Get off your lazy ass and do something about it yourself. Make it happen. There will be no divine intervention or the grace of god that will make it happen, only you and others who have faith in themselves can make it happen.

I wasn't replying to your first post. I was replying to the post that I quoted in the reply. Thats why it was there. Because I was commenting on what you said in that specific post.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

There is no god/gods period. The sooner the human race accepts this fact the better off we will. No more religous hatred in the Middle East, Northern Ireland and other hot spots.

First off, you act like you know for a fact. Is there some sort of information you know that the rest of us don't? Secondly, we won't be any better off, if anything, we might be worse off. Sure, no more religous hatred, but other hatred to fill that place. You can't change humanity, and part of being a human is hatred. You can not just abolish greed, and jealousy. It is part of our human nature. People need to believe in God. People have to have that hope.

Did you actually read my first post?

People do not need to believe in something that does not exist, believe that this imaginary being will come down and save the day. Have faith in yourself to do the right thing. Praying to a false image isn't going to get you a better job, more pay, improve the living conditions of the poor. Get off your lazy ass and do something about it yourself. Make it happen. There will be no divine intervention or the grace of god that will make it happen, only you and others who have faith in themselves can make it happen.

I don't know why you replyed with that. I wasn't talking about people going out and getting a job. I was talking about the fact that if people didn't believe in God, and there was truly "no more religous hatred in the Middle East, Northern Ireland and other hot spots" as you said, the world would still have hate.

Yeah, but you said that thing about the world would be better off with-out any belief in Gad, and no more religous war, but like, those religous wars would just be replaced with like, non-religous wars. Like, because you can't change like, you know, human nature. And like, I guess thats just what it all comes down to, human nature. Thats something to think about I guess. Just think about it. Two words, together, they don't mean a lot, so lets break it down to see if we can see what it means.

Edited by thepixiesrock

READ DAMN IT.

HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF, YOU DON'T NEED IT FROM SOME GODAMNED DIETY THAT DOESN'T EXIST.

I'm sorry Gabs, but you have no right whatsoever trying to force your beliefs (be them right or wrong) on anyone... Mr. Pixies is allowed to believe whatever he wants as is everyone else... plus, using capital letters in such a frivolous way offends me, please refrain from doing so again in the future. Thanks :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

There is always the "report" button Ms. Launch.

READ DAMN IT.

HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF, YOU DON'T NEED IT FROM SOME GODAMNED DIETY THAT DOESN'T EXIST.

I'm sorry Gabs, but you have no right whatsoever trying to force your beliefs (be them right or wrong) on anyone... Mr. Pixies is allowed to believe whatever he wants as is everyone else... plus, using capital letters in such a frivolous way offends me, please refrain from doing so again in the future. Thanks :)

I'm not forcing any beliefs on anyone, sorry I don't follow the christian and muslim way. I made a statement with examples, Pixies not understand so I had to do a shout out to him of that statement..

I need someone to get over here and read me what she is saying please.

There is always the "report" button Ms. Launch.

I'm not the type to run to our dashing moderators for such petty and insignificant things, Mr. Pixies :)

Gabs, I understand you wished to communicate your point in the manner of a raised voice but perhaps it was a tad unnecessary and could possibly upset a young forum member's nerves... you know there are those of a delicate disposition that post here :)

And, you need not apologise for not being Christian or Muslim, everyone is different :)

But "shouting" someone out isn't very nice and could easily offend someone. I guess it's a good job Mr. Pixies is a nice fellow :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

there is no god. absence of evidence is, in this case, evidence of absence.

btw, even if there was a god, who cares. 'it' doesn't, clearly, interact with humans so 'it' is in any case irrelevant. the bible, and every other religious text, is written by ignorant humans and ergo useless.

That is your opinion, not fact. Try not to get those two confused. Don't worry, it happens to a lot of people.

After the fit you and Hades threw a few days ago...

Edited by thepixiesrock

The first priority for any Christian or Muslim is to save his own soul and those of others, and religion seems to encourage him to concentrate his efforts in this area. Those with non-religious beliefs (secular humanists, for example) believe the first priority should be improving the world and the lives of all the people in it, and if the billions of believers around the world don't share this priority, it's unlikely to succeed. This is one of the reasons why atheists or humanists are suspicious of religion and say things like "It would be better if all the religions disappeared."

Where many atheists make a mistake is underestimating the strength of 'humanism' within the main religions. Many, perhaps most, religious people work actively to make the lives of others better, through charity, conflict resolution, and any number of methods. Religious people are not sitting on their backsides letting the world go to hell because only the next life matters. That may be the logical conclusion of religious belief (by one interpretation, at least), but it's not happening in practice. I believe that the instinct to look out for each other evolved as we evolved and predates religion, though the religious would no doubt attribute it to divine influence. No matter. It's there, either way, and religion is not a major roadblock in making the world a better place.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What most people need to realise, athiest and otherwise, is that what you believe is just that, a belief, not a fact. I see it more with athiests than other's when it comes to debates of the subject though. Too many people try to pass of thier belief as fact. Don't get me wrong, I am an athiest. I feel that athiesm is as much having faith as any other religion, it's just a matter of what that faith is.

there is no god. absence of evidence is, in this case, evidence of absence.

btw, even if there was a god, who cares. 'it' doesn't, clearly, interact with humans so 'it' is in any case irrelevant. the bible, and every other religious text, is written by ignorant humans and ergo useless.

That is your opinion, not fact. Try not to get those two confused. Don't worry, it happens to a lot of people.

no, absence of evidence is a fact. there is absolutely evidence that proves, or even indicates, the existance of god(s).