'Tis the season to be jolly...

jaguars4ever

Hades_One = Visceres?

Huh, I dont remember Visc being so moody all the time. Kooky.

Anywho, once while I was in school in Memphis we all went partying downtown at a place called Mongo's. As we left a crowd was outside and a car rolled up and a dude leans out the passenger window and brandishes a .45 or 9mm. He says something to the effect of "anyone got a problem" and pulls the slide on the gun, ejecting the round he already had chambered. Me and the chick I picked up were about 5 ft away and I just put my arm around her and walked away. To this day Im happy I didnt get shot in the spine and paralyzed from the neck down for life. That would have really sucked.

No, having someone shoot AT you is not a big deal.  Getting shot IS a big deal.  Regardless of what the movies say, the vast majority of folks don't just get up and keep going after they've taken a slug.

Oh, I don't know. I know a guy in Fallujah who got shot in the head yesterday. Had his helmet on, though, so he's alright. Reporter actually mentioned it on the news while I was driving home.

Come on, you army puke,

You're going to want to rethink that, maybe after a glance at Frappr.

That was before I got my degree and thought, naively, that I oculd find a job within my field of study.

I was a bit naive about that too, a degree ain't much if you don't have experience- Have you tried calling up companies you would like to work for and arrange an informational interview- I recently started doing this - get alot of insight into how the person got started, how the company is , opportiunities , the people I have spoke with have been willing - You will be surprised people are willing to help

Perhaps even look to work at companies where there is actual room for upward mobility

How is your resume format and cover letter - I had lots of changes to mine until I am happy there is lots of info on the net search workopolis, or monster for tips

It sucks I found out the internet has lots of jobs but only in certain areas-

mostly oil and gas where I live

I took business marketing- not great if you don't have like 2 years but I am am working a job I hate but in a company that does have corporate opening and luckily what seems my last chance I have an interview -

Just understand their are lots of people who are still looking for work , its not easy without experience, or a degree

But keep trying hit the pavement and make some calls and good luck

Thing is I have already exhausted all the options where I live.  There is nothing left.  Absolutely  nothing.

Hades, the man who thinks he can, and the man who thinks he can't are both right. Which one are you?

:p:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Isn't your county famous for bridges, perhaps working on them could help you.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Your town has no public transportations?

You live in Ames?

Car pooling?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yep.

Each busride costs $1. For the most part that is $2 a work day, and given I am looking and need full time that measures out at least $20 a week. That is using the buses and if I am working during thier hours of operation which changes month by month and season by season. Also only 3 routes work anywhere near a typical work day for me. The other bus routes no longer run after 6 PM.

Not bloody reliable.

Your new co-workers at the new job you're gonna get

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

and you've tried Iowa Wrokforce Development and the University?

The University doesn't run free buses?

Yeah, like someone is going to let a total stranger in their car and like I am going to get in a car with a total stranger.  :huh:

I'm not talking about hitch-hiking, these "strangers" are your co-workers.

And just because I work with them they should trust me or I should trust them? Listen, I would not know these people at all and they would have to be very generous people to just offer me, a total stranger, a ride to and from work. People around here aren't that nice.

Well, perhaps looking into state programs, there are some that might bus you out of town to work during the day.

Also marrying rich could do you some good.