Unexpected moments

Sikon

The fact the end game didn't include my ability to take my party with me.

That really ticked me off initially. It still does.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A couple of things in the duo of games surprised me overall, the most shocking was probably the revelation in K1, where you found out that you were Revan. That was really surprising, although I kind of had the feeling that I expected it a little...

The other surprising moment was most probably either when I found out Atris had gone to the Darkside, or when Kreia killed all of the Jedi Masters, I definately enjoyed these parts though... :(

K2 has it's moments, but none of them compare to the first time I played K1 and found out my PC was Revan ... fun to play through a few more times and catch all the hints.

K2's somewhat enjoyable surprising moments ...

- the first appearance of an HK-50

- the argument with Atris

- Mira's "awakening" - probably my favorite character development in the game

- Hanharr's story - tragic ...

- Atton's story - also somewhat tragic

- HK-47's pacifist package - the funniest moment in the game

- HK-47's discussion about Revan's companions in K1

- Canderous assumed the title of Mandalore

None of them were a particularly emotional moment, and I never really felt like there were any "turning points" for my PC as far as character development ... in K1, you had some real choices to make to determine the path your PC took - in K2, there are different degrees of "light" and "dark", but no "do I join Bastila or fight her, kill Bastila or save her" type choices ...

i wish that you could really have atris train you. that would be sweet!  :D  i expected this game to be different. i know that you play the exile, but i thought that if you went light side, you could have jedi masters with you for a while. or if you went dark side, that you would have sith with you as "friends". there was some other things that i thought that this game had. but i was wrong. but still its not a bad game. pretty good. it would be a lot better if it was not rushed. :)

i just wanted my dam lightsaber back, harlet :p

Why do people care so much about that lightsaber when they get plenty of them throughout the game? Or about Atris... In the final game, she's a rather minor character, and she better be left that way. I'm not sure if I could stand her as a party member.

The deaths of the three Jedi Masters on Dantooine. Kreia's actions surprised me a great deal.

I knew there was more to her than there appeared to be and that she was even somehow associated with the Sith, of course...mainly because of her reviving Hanharr on Nar Shaddaa, telling him to hunt down Mira, and Colonel Tobin on Onderon, telling him she was "with General Vaklu" and allowing him to return to his "master" with information about Atris' academy on Telos. Her interaction with some of the other party members, too, led me to suspect... So, I had a suspicion that there would be a plot twist to do with her, but, it's funny, I tend to get so into characters sometimes that even if I suspect betrayal or something like that of them, it comes as a surprise to me anyway. Like, I trust them regardless of what I may think is foreshadowing or a clue that I maybe shouldn't.

So, when Kreia attacked the Jedi Masters and appeared to reveal herself as an enemy, it was unexpected and shocking, even though I'd had my suspicions. The fact that I'd been so absorbed in the Jedi Masters' dialogue to the Exile and just that whole scene before it happened also contributed to that feeling.

Edited by Grant Dempsey

... in K1, you had some real choices to make to determine the path your PC took - in K2, there are different degrees of "light" and "dark", but no "do I join Bastila or fight her, kill Bastila or save her" type choices ...
Precisely. Minor choices define who you are, not one big choice. The ending of KOTOR I doesn't actually depend on your alignment, it depends on whether you agree to follow dark Bastila or not.

While the little LS/DS choices you make throughout the game ultimately decide "who your PC is", in K2, no matter what you do, nothing really changes (just so long as you do it). No matter how you decide to finish the game, your PC ends up alone, Kreia ends up dead (probably for the better), and you're stuck with a "now what?" feeling.

I didn't intend this to be a rant on how the game feels rushed and incomplete, but there should be major "turning point" choices to make in an RPG.

Well, I suppose it depends on the storyline. If there is no need for a turning point, I don't think the developers should force it into the story. Besides, the light and dark endings differ rather significantly in the fates of the planets you visited, your companions, and ultimately the Republic Outer Rim "relief" program. Yes, of course, it's all just text, you never see the consequences... but still.

(And of course, Atris either lives or dies, and Malachor either explodes or remains intact.)