The original endgame script?

DaveK

interesting stuff, but I thought I heard somewhere that Mandalore was s'posed to die on the Ravager with Visas trying to save him...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Well, interesting speculation about Mandalore and the Ravager. Possibly in the dark ending, you and Visas were to infiltrate the Ravager and kill Nihilus while Mandalore would blow the Republic flagship (Sojourn). Then the Sith, even without Nihilus, overwhelm the Republic and destroy Citadel Station (malmov06.bik).

• 1 month later...
Guest The Architect

This is all I definately know about the Originally Scripted NPC Resolutions...

Darth Traya/Kreia killing Brianna Kae - (LSM Exile)

Darth Traya/Kreia killing Mical - (LSF Exile)

Darth Traya/Kreia killing Visas Marr and Mira (LSF Exile)

Darth Sion killing Atton Rand - (LSF Exile)

Atton Rand killing Mical - (DSF Exile)

Visas Marr killing Brianna Kae - (DSM Exile)

Darth Nihilus killing Visas Marr - (LSM Exile)

I beleive that GO-TO is destroyed by HK-47 no matter what and Bao-Dur is killed no matter what. And I think Mandalore was originally planned to die on the Ravager no matter what. It seems Hanharr is doomed too. In fact it seems to me that only HK-47 and T3-M4 make it and the rest of your party are killed off regardless of your character's gender and alignment. They are just killed off in a different way.

Edited by The Architect

Hanharr and Visas have optional deaths in the current game.

However, I think Atris ends up on the Ravager fighting Nihilus. While snooping through the KSE editor, I noticed Atris had a portrait icon, like every other NPC in your party. It would also explain the Atris-Nihilus fight posters.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

interesting work there, thanks. I've always said the Malachor content was cut for reasons other than time constraints. Droid World was cut due to time constraints and, possibly, a multithreaded space battle over Telos....thanks for advancing that view of the Ravager...that makes alot of sense.

the dark ending that Obsidian had in mind for Malachor was, in the end, just too dark for a SW game. Obsidian was going to use all the carnage on Malachor to make it feel as though there was a real ending even though the publisher wanted a Revan-oriented cliffhanger from square one. Basically, it was to be a self-contained story *and* a feed-in to another game. The publisher objected to the ending at some point and took away the carnage. But by doing that it also made the cliffhanger look more like a cliffhanger.

the dark ending that Obsidian had in mind for Malachor was, in the end, just too dark for a SW game.  Obsidian was going to use all the carnage on Malachor to make it feel as though there was a real ending even though the publisher wanted a Revan-oriented cliffhanger from square one.  Basically, it was to be a self-contained story *and* a feed-in to another game.  The publisher objected to the ending at some point and took away the carnage.  But by doing that it also made the cliffhanger look more like a cliffhanger.

That first statement - I don't think it would have been "too dark" for SW. Sure, it'd be dark, but I don't think it'd be too dark.

For the last few thoughts, you do have a point in that they made it to be a cliffhanger. In fact, many people (myself included) like to think K2 has no ending.

DAWUSS

I don't understand why people have problems with a 'non Star Wars' plot. It's a big galaxy with a long history, and chances are it isn't all sunshine and dasies. Taking a look at this darker side can't hurt.

Architect, are those definately the triggers for the NPC endings? I'm pretty sure there was infuence involved. I don't have the PC version, so I can't check, but if it is influence related, some of the lines (eg. Atton's 'I wanted to protect her...[snip!]...you showed up, playing hero.' line, which doesn't work logically unless the Exile has more influence over Michal) make more sense if the confrontation was based partially on influence, as DaveK said.

Does anyone know the intended triggers for the cutscenes (i.e. were there any partial placements found), or were none placed at all?

Guest The Architect

Actually Reajeasa you might be right. I'm pretty sure I did hear somewhere that only some of those particular NPC Resolutions can be triggered because of influence. But anyway, no one knows for sure exactly what Obsidian had planned for the ending/s of the Sith Lords. I'm assuming a great deal of interesting and different things could have happened depending on the Exile's gender, alignment and who he/she had influence with/didn't have influence with and who had higher/lower influence and who's in your party...

Some comments:

HK doesn't arrive at Malachor with lots of other HK's, from what I've read the HK-51's belong to Goto, they just don't obey him anymore. Or maybe they still do, but that is overruled by HK being one of them (after the events on M5).

There were many different possibilities for the ending. In one of them - the one I've read the most about - Kreia beats all your Jedi and gives them to Sion. There is still a comment about it left in the game. It's when Kreia tells Sion that the Exile has a choice to make. You can either walk straight to Sion and Kreia or try to free your party members. If you don't free them, they die.

In this case, neither of your party members attacks one of their own.

It's impossible to say how the finished game would have ended, as you don't really know which events were supposed to be connected,

In addition to that, not everything you find as cut material on the CDs, was cut because of time restraints. You might find many things that weren't supposed to happen in the finale, even before they decided to finish the game earlier.

While I was fiddling around with the warp function, I warped to the Telos droid factory, having HK-47 and Exile (since I have to have Exile in my party at that point for some reason), and all the HK-50s (and 51s) had no problem gunning down HK-47. There were even some sections where the HKs tortured other HKs who were in cages. One was actually hilarious (the one who wasn't in the force cage was funnier than the one who was). Weird thing was, once they were done with the cutscene featuring the torture of the HK in the cage, they notice HK-47 and they raise their guns and the blasting of each other begins. See for yourself. Type " `warp 299TEL " (minus quotes) and have HK-47 in your party.

Screenie included!post-14365-1136506702_thumb.jpg

DAWUSS

I noticed he does start complaining after he messes with one of the terminals. He feels strange, realizes he's red and corroded (and feels embarrased about it), and then when you tamper with it again he doesn't want to because he thinks he might damage himself.

When I went through it I was surprised at how much there actually WAS in the game. All they woulda needed to do was polish it up a little bit and it would have been ready for the game (prolly a week's worth of polishing would have been enough).

DAWUSS

When I went through it I was surprised at how much there actually WAS in the game. All they woulda needed to do was polish it up a little bit and it would have been ready for the game (prolly a week's worth of polishing would have been enough).

Never underestemate the amount of time that might be needed due to bugs that appear when you change something in a program. :wub:

But it might have been really nice if they would have had the 3 extra month.....