My Pokemon Party

You mean the rabid pokemon totally flip out and consume their hospitals?! Think of the children!  :wub:

but hospitals arn't for children... children just die, it's the pokemon that are important!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

He's at level 28 right now, and just took down the 5th gym by himself.

I'd keep him as an Aron for as long as you can. Leveling starts to get a pain around the 40's as there isnt really many good places left by then.

I picked up a Dragonite now I'm working my way upto the top of mount battle to claim my Jhoto starter.

post-481-1132963123_thumb.jpg

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Wait, how 'big' is the game? Are all the Pokemon included?

Pokemon XD ?

Well you have the main story which probably takes around 30-35 hours.

Then you have mini games which take around 10-20 hours. Although Pokemon Bingo sounds incredibly lame it actually takes a serious ammount of forward thinking. I'll post up a typical game in a bit.

Mount Battle involves fighting 100 trainers till you get to the very top. You get a Pokemon as a reward (either Cyndaquil , Totodile or Chickarita).

I think you can do it one for each but honestly I dont have the patience.

When you finish the actual plot all the trainers get upgraded pokemon (starting at 50) which are around the same sort of level you ended the game at. And you get an invitation to the Tournament of Champions.

So figure around 100 hours all told if you want to be a completist.

Oh once you finish Saphire you get a bunch of after game extra's too. Pokemon games are big on the after game extra's.

As for how many Pokemon in XD. Not exactly sure. There are 83 shadow variety, 12 that you can capture from pokespots, 4 you can trade for and I think 3 you can win.

However they are all from mixed regions. So you have some Jhoto , some Kanto and some Hoenn.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I would have if it was a PS2 or an Xbox, but I've never heard of a Nintendo system breaking down due to anything but extremely old age, or user ineptness.

Just look at the length of the standard warranties offered by each of the consoles right now, Ninty have faith in their hardware, and want to keep customers happy. Theirs is three times as long as the warranty for the PS2 or the Xbox, same for the Xbox 360 too.

EDIT: This is directed at kotorkyle, Potent posted as I was writing it.

Edited by Child of Flame

Nope, I meant XD. I heard you can only catch Shadow Pokemon, does this mean you'll only have 83 Pokemon by the end? That's not really "Catchin' Em All is it?"

No you can have more than 83 there are only 83 you purify though. You can also catch 12 wild pokemon (and 3 of those are tradeable in game). Trust me though , you wouldnt want to purify 386 shadow pokemon. The number is just about right so that you dont have to go out of your way to purify them , while at the same time giving you a lot of variety.

techically you cant catch em all in saphire either, you would need to trade to ruby for certain ones. Same with green/red.

You can import any of your other pokemon into XD after you finish the main plot line too. Your PC box will hold about 300 if you want to breed them across games.

478327[/snapback]

Oh, I see. So you can't walk into a grass patch and just catch Pokemon? If that's the case, I think I'm going to buy it. I think sometimes because you can't catch all of them in one game, it leaves me kind of empty. I mean I completed the quest, but not the game.