My Pokemon Party

Does anyone have Pokemon Emerald? What's the difference between it and Ruby/Sapphire?

More pokemon you can get both legenderies for example.

New areas . You battle both Aqua and Magma and you can use the space centre.

New movesets and new gymleader pokemon.

More ability effects , like halving the time an egg takes to hatch etc.

You can get the Jhoto starters after you finish the pokedex.

After finishing the game the battle frontier opens up which is basically a whole other game with national dex pokemon and 8 VERY tough gym leaders.

Probably a few others , but thats all I can think of at the moment.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm rather fond of my Gyrados. 

I think it's hilarious that just throwing him into battle is enough to take down the attack of all but the bravest Pokemon.

Or one with liquid body :D

Gyrados is one of my favourites too, just because they take so much effort to raise.

I've got one that can actually take an TB from a Zapdos and live.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yep as a water/flying Gyrados has a double weakness to electric attacks. It's just funny seeing someones face when they launch one and the Gyrados is still there. It's even funnier when the earthquake counter totally destroys the electric attacker. Except for Zapdos of course, but legenderies are not often used.

478327[/snapback]

Shadow, it seems like your a pretty big fan of the sieries, have you ever done any of the compititions?

Not since red/blue

My wife and I played Colloseum pretty extensively multiplayer.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

That's cool. I've stopped playing Sapphire, as I'm still debating over buying Emerald. I'm on the 6th gym, and my party is:

Linoone: 32

Marshtomp: 32

Breloom: 31

Aron: 31

You only have two gyms left.

Well all I can say is if you are enjoying the game Emerald perfects it. Otherwise finish Saphire and buy one of the FireEmblem games.

Aron evovles at 32 btw.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

I think I'm gonna buy Emerald, but anyway:

Should I hold off on leveling up Aron for a while?

They learn moves at lower level in most cases.

Aron will learn

Protect at 34

Metal Sound at 39

Double Edge at 44

Lairon will learn

Protect 37

Metal Sound 45

Double Edge 52

Lairons stats are around double Arons so it really depends if your desperate for those moves of not.

478327[/snapback]

Metal sound is quite handy if you use any of the special attack TMs. My favourite is dragon claw since Aggron (the fully evolved) takes hardly any damage from dragon type attacks.

Metal sound will halve special defence(each time it's used) which is important because Aggrons special attack isnt so great.

Rock Blast is another I like. Double Edge is good if you have rockhead as your skill since you wont take any recoil damage.

478327[/snapback]