T.O.M.B.S, vol 3

Cantousent

Speaking of taxes, it sucks when the IRS mails you (8 months later) saying "thanks for the $21,000 for 2004 but we've looked at your return and want $750 more."

Especially when $480 of that is a penalty for not having figured them correctly and not paying that portion on time. They could have mailed sooner, but no, then they wouldn't get as much of a penalty fee.

-1,000,000 pts to the IRS.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You can give Eldar minus points if you want... for being a tease but because its pretty vague I wouldn't penalise him harshly.

+20 T.O.M.B.S to Schmarth for asking for help in assigning points.

oh yeah, +100 points to CoF for recognising that i am awesome.

+50 points to Julianw for standing up to the system, the system being me. You have balls, i like that. :angry:

Edited by Surreptishus

If I end up with the Mysterious Teaser epithet, I'm coming for you, Schmarth! :Eldar's glaring while contemplating coming for Darth Schmarth and realizing that probably sounds like a double entendre icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wait, you pay and then give the return?

Was that directed at me? If so, I don't understand the question...if not...ignore this post.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Some taxes are deducted from your paycheck. At the end of the year, the IRS calculates whether what you paid covers what you owe. If you're short, you owe extra money. If not, you're clear. If you have over-paid, the IRS sends you a check.

The problem is that the IRS doesn't calculate your taxes for you. You must file taxes and the IRS checks to make sure your calculations are right. The $750 LC owes is not nearly so bad as the fact that the IRS is more likely to audit her and her husband in the future because of an honest mistake. The tax code is confusing and yet the IRS can give you some stiff penalties. I don't fancy losing my house because I've made a clerical error in my forms.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Edit: Mothman, its not the fact that you use emoticons, its the horribly condescending manner in which you use them.

Condescending?!! -100 for making stuff up! :angry: Thanks to you points nazis I have about -10,000 points total now anyway.

also, -200 for Lucius for thinking he could get away with taking away points for silly emoticons.

And -100 to CoF for, um...

And BTW Eldar, this isn't over. I was going to let you go, but I think you're deserving of a good roasting in return. ;)

Back off Mothie, by the Eldar Law of Jan 7 I have been immunized against TOMBS points, nor can I give any. :angry:

Am I right Eldar, am I right?

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I can see the roasting. I feel at peace with the roasting. I am one with the roasting.

Okay, someone review Schmarth. He's gone off his rocker with the TOMBS points. I haven't seen this kind of hyperbole since Surreptishus over medicated.

I'm telling you, Schmarth, you'll get a review from me, and I can be quite cruel when I set my mind to it.

Obsidian Plays

Well, if I'm going under the microscope, I have a query regarding the fundamental basics of your approach: Do you follow your heart or do you do actual research (within the constraints of the board, of course, such as checking post history and such)?

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Eldar's reports do seem quite informed. Schmarth isn't a wallflower either so there is little danger of Schmarth being misrepresented (unless eldar goes mad again). If i were to do a report on Schmarth i'd base it on that mental one where he became trapped in the computer.

Edited by Surreptishus

In all seriousness, I tend to go back through several pages of past posts as well as topic. Sometimes I quote specific statements. I don't try to get it all because my reports are already quite long and because I want to leave stuff for other reviewers. Finally, we must never use a report as a weapon. ...And those are the rules that I propose. Folks have a wide variety of styles when it comes to these things. I'd really like to see more reviews by and of different folks. ...But it's fun to give a new take on previous subjects. heh heh heh.

Oh, and I'm quite looking forward to the roast. Let me have it, kiddo. Having already gone flaming cowboy this week, you're safe. (No, that wasn't a bareback mountain reference)

Obsidian Plays

Thanks to you points nazis I have about -10,000 points total now anyway. 

Actually Mothie I've been keeping track and you're at -4340.2 points.

So naturally the next step is to deduct another 100 from you for exaggerating.

Thanks for playing!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thanks to you points nazis I have about -10,000 points total now anyway. 

Actually Mothie I've been keeping track and you're at -4340.2 points.

So naturally the next step is to deduct another 100 from you for exaggerating.

Thanks for playing!!

This has got to be one of the funniest posts in the whole thread. hahahaha

Let's see, +100 points for Kor Qel Droma for precision.

+200 to Mothman for bearing his negative point total with grace.

-300 points to me for breaking my tradition and awarding points.

Obsidian Plays