How did you always imagine KOTOR 2 to be?

What matters most is that there is a new story. I wouldn't hesitate to buy and play the game, if lightsaber colors were reduced to 3, and the rest looked -and played- the same. It's ~40 hours of an exciting new SW adventure; at this point there is nothing to honestly complain about, there being hints at definite improvements, and also because none of us know anything yet about what matters most: The Story

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Me, personally, I was hoping or expecting better fighting animations. Everybody had the same animations while fighting except for Malak. After playing the game I was hoping for animations like Malak's because it got sort of boring with the current animations, but I still play it though. After seeing the new animations of KOTOR II I am still a little worried because I still see old animations but they did promise new animations and unique stances and such. Gonna have to wait and see.

there are better animations the more skilled you get at something as far as i can make out of whats been said in the past

*crosses fingers, for the revan scorpion style :D *

I know that there are new animations, I have seen them in the trailer. But I still see old ones. I was hoping that they would at least replace those.

Me, personally, I was hoping or expecting better fighting animations. Everybody had the same animations while fighting except for Malak. After playing the game I was hoping for animations like Malak's because it got sort of boring with the current animations, but I still play it though. After seeing the new animations of KOTOR II I am still a little worried because I still see old animations but they did promise new animations and unique stances and such. Gonna have to wait and see.

there are better animations the more skilled you get at something as far as i can make out of whats been said in the past

*crosses fingers, for the revan scorpion style :D *

I know that there are new animations, I have seen them in the trailer. But I still see old ones. I was hoping that they would at least replace those.

maybe they will/already have but there is bound to be all the old ones as well as the new ones :p

What matters most is that there is a new story. I wouldn't hesitate to buy and play the game, if lightsaber colors were reduced to 3, and the rest looked -and played- the same. It's ~40 hours of an exciting new SW adventure; at this point there is nothing to honestly complain about, there being hints at definite improvements, and also because none of us know anything yet about what matters most: The Story

AMEN

Just like the topic says. Ever since you played KOTOR it was a given that there would be a part 2. We just didn't know when. There was even some speculation that KOTOR 2 would be out until the Xbox 2 comes out and it'll be a launch title.

Before you knew anything about the official KOTOR 2, how did you always picture KOTOR 2 to be? How did you play out the plot? What newer features did you think it would have? How did you imagine the graphics? Etc....

Also now that you know plenty about KOTOR 2, what is your thoughts now? Is it more then what you expected or did you expect more?

I pretty much envisioned it the way it's happening. Although, at first, I thought we'd be using Revan again since I figured it was a sequel and whatnot.

From the previews I've seen so far, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great game. But until I know more about the storyline, I can't really say whether it's met my expectations or not.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I pretty much envisioned it the way it's happening.  Although, at first, I thought we'd be using Revan again since I figured it was a sequel and whatnot.

From the previews I've seen so far, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great game.  But until I know more about the storyline, I can't really say whether it's met my expectations or not.

I also thought we would be playing Revan in a new adventure, but that was scrapped. Whatever they do to Revan I hope it's good. ;)

One thing that I am happy for is the push up from Feb 2005 to Dec 2004....if that is true.

oh yes, on that we can agree ;)

I just hope it stays like that. I don't want it to be November and we get an announcemt saying "TSL is being pushed back to March 2005 (For whatever reasons)"

Even though something like that would only make the game better by polishing it up, it'll still hurt me cause by November I'll already have my hopes up....thinking its coming out next month.

I pretty much envisioned it the way it's happening.  Although, at first, I thought we'd be using Revan again since I figured it was a sequel and whatnot.

From the previews I've seen so far, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great game.  But until I know more about the storyline, I can't really say whether it's met my expectations or not.

I also thought we would be playing Revan in a new adventure, but that was scrapped. Whatever they do to Revan I hope it's good. ;)

me to, he was my fav character from any recent games i can think of :o

One thing that I am happy for is the push up from Feb 2005 to Dec 2004....if that is true.

oh yes, on that we can agree :o

I just hope it stays like that. I don't want it to be November and we get an announcemt saying "TSL is being pushed back to March 2005 (For whatever reasons)"

Even though something like that would only make the game better by polishing it up, it'll still hurt me cause by November I'll already have my hopes up....thinking its coming out next month.

2tru :o i think i would break down in tears if that happened near to dec!! ;):p

Well... I find it unfair to be saying they, "could've done more/better". Personally, I'm surprised they were able to do so much in so little time. I don't think we can judge something like that properly - we can, however, judge what we might've wanted more of/instead. I really just wanted another KotOR fix, frankly - and this sequel more than fits the bill.

The features sound like features in an expansion pack, true; but there are far more features, I think, than would be in the average expansion pack. They're TOTALLY rebalancing the weapons and skills, they're giving an entirely new storyline (that's not just an extension of the first, unlike any expansion I know of), new characters, improved character interaction... most sequels don't live up to those things, even if they've been in the works for far longer and had more tech pumped into them. I'm glad this sequel didn't follow in the footsteps of Doom 3, putting more of the same in a pretty package. If you want to go even worse, X-Com: TFTD was just a rehash with different/more colorful graphics, a couple of improvements, some bad decisions, and MORE uninspired than the first in the series... that wasn't even an expansion pack's worth of stuff, methinks. And if you think about it, before expansion packs, people were happy for sequel after sequel of the exact same thing with the exact same tech. Half-Life 2, if you didn't realize, is very much an exception rather than following a trend; at least *I* can't think of any "proper" sequels in the sense that people seem to think that sequels should be "proper".

In my opinion, KotOR I is to KotOR II as BG is to BG2. I don't remember any complaints about BG2 not being a proper sequel. Maybe we're just sick of short games now?

Well... I find it unfair to be saying they, "could've done more/better".  Personally, I'm surprised they were able to do so much in so little time.  I don't think we can judge something like that properly - we can, however, judge what we might've wanted more of/instead.  I really just wanted another KotOR fix, frankly - and this sequel more than fits the bill. 

The features sound like features in an expansion pack, true; but there are far more features, I think, than would be in the average expansion pack.  They're TOTALLY rebalancing the weapons and skills, they're giving an entirely new storyline (that's not just an extension of the first, unlike any expansion I know of), new characters, improved character interaction... most sequels don't live up to those things, even if they've been in the works for far longer and had more tech pumped into them.  I'm glad this sequel didn't follow in the footsteps of Doom 3, putting more of the same in a pretty package.  If you want to go even worse, X-Com: TFTD was just a rehash with different/more colorful graphics, a couple of improvements, some bad decisions, and MORE uninspired than the first in the series... that wasn't even an expansion pack's worth of stuff, methinks.  And if you think about it, before expansion packs, people were happy for sequel after sequel of the exact same thing with the exact same tech.  Half-Life 2, if you didn't realize, is very much an exception rather than following a trend;  at least *I* can't think of any "proper" sequels in the sense that people seem to think that sequels should be "proper". 

In my opinion, KotOR I is to KotOR II as BG is to BG2.  I don't remember any complaints about BG2 not being a proper sequel.  Maybe we're just sick of short games now?

Nice points you bring up. :huh:

I dunno; it really seems to me like people just started saying, "This is just a glorified expansion pack", and it became a fad. I suspect that no one's actually thought about it, but perhaps you can prove me wrong? If not, that's fine, but I'd like to figure out why people think it's as "bad" as being just an expansion pack.

I dunno; it really seems to me like people just started saying, "This is just a glorified expansion pack", and it became a fad.  I suspect that no one's actually thought about it, but perhaps you can prove me wrong?  If not, that's fine, but I'd like to figure out why people think it's as "bad" as being just an expansion pack.

people dont think that, only jedimafia, and maybe tyrell but im not sure about him yet :p