teh Smallville thread

Kor Qel Droma

I wouldn't call Bruce angsty... and definitely not a dumbass. Brooding genius is apt.

Oh he's got barrels of angst... He's also paranoid.

He's paranoid enough that he almost caused the entire Justice league to die. And he was part of the cause of the Infinite crisis by creating a computer system that tried to kill the entire superhuman population with OMACs!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spoiler post about the season premiere:

Blah! That was horrible... my poor eyes. What kind of pussyass way to "win" the big match was that? Amulet-Handshake-of-Death. *sigh*

I think I have finally figured out why I have been watching the show. It's not for rhe excitement of what adventures our young and brave hero will endure, but rather a faint hope that the scriptwriters at some point will boldly go where they clearly are not permitted to go.

Ehh... let me explain: It's Superman. We all know what's going to happen - at least in the big picture. That means we have nothing truly surprising to look forward to. Which again mean we are watching for the off chance that something "special" or fascinating will happen.

Take this season premiere for example. The most exciting moment was when Lana got stabbed through her pretty hand. That took me a bit by surprise. But wait! Was it anything special? No. And thous we reach the conclusion: even special moments aren't special because the show can not break from itself.

If Zod/Lex instead had simply killed her I would truly have been impressed. Beacuse then we could have a really vicious fight between wonderboy and evilboy which should have ended with the death of Lex.

Now that would have made me watch episode 2.

What I didn't like about this premiere is that by the end, it's all back to normal.

At first it seemed very interesting, the episode starts in the phantom zone. Clark meets some intersting people who will obviously be back during the season. I would've liked it if Clark could've found his way out on his own but hey, they must always introduce a new babe every episode, right? :p

Overall I agree with ElNino 100%. The writers aren't allowed risks or even an ounce of originality, even with a season premiere.

I don't care about Jimmy Olsen, at least not as much as I do for what was supposed to be the big fight between Superman and Zod.

They copped out yet again. :)

Blah! That was horrible... my poor eyes. What kind of pussyass way to "win" the big match was that? Amulet-Handshake-of-Death. *sigh*

Its a nod to the end of Superman II.

I too found the hand stabbing to be the most interesting part. :D

What I didn't like about this premiere is that by the end, it's all back to normal.

They copped out yet again.  :p

Well it is Smallville. :)

I agree that the writers copped out and that the "return to normal" thing was lame. It is like that every flipping season! I think the show is just focusing and has always focused on its core demo of teenage girls, hence over emphasis on crappy one-dimensonal romance plots and not taking risks. Maybe things will change this season, as forshadowed by Clark's little piece about change at the end of the episode. Until then and despites my protests it still remaisn my guilty pleasure :">

Edited by Surreptishus

they promised that Clark would NEVER wear the suit and NEVER fly (They get away with Kal flying because he's a different person.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't know about this show anymore. On the one hand you do take it with a grain of salt, you know, because as has been stated already, it's not like they can rewrite the myth.

For a moment there at the end I thought we were having a flashback to season 2 or 3 ( or damn was it four?) with Lex holding what was left of the Brainiac hard drive. Seeing that bit made me realize we're going to sit through at least four or five episodes of Lex discovering some new weapon.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

• 3 weeks later...

Although Kor was right about the new weapon thing, the last episode was pretty good.

We finally got scenes with an actual superhero in action. And at the end it felt like Superman was there, not some big goof being sad about loosing his girlfriend.

Most of the Green Arrow scenes were pretty awesome, plus Lana in the elevator was just... chilling. She's good at being evil and it's about time she found her calling.

It was a good Smallville episode, let's leave it at that. :shifty:

I gave up on this show in the middle of last season. I realized I was continuing to watch it just because I had watched it for a while.

I've actually quit watching the WB (or whatever they call themselves) altogether, since they dropped Everwood.

I'll admit that this Green Arrow plotline isn't as ****ty as I'd thought it would be. At least he's a better actor than the **** they had playing Aquaman. >_<

I agree with Surreptishus, however, that it would be in the best interests of this show to dump Lana. It's like her storyline always seems to be an afterthought, as in " what the hell do we do with her now?" fashion.

Aside from that this show is on 'status quo' mode for me. You kind of know what to expect, so it's not really suprising to watch, yet slightly entertaining.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'll admit that this Green Arrow plotline isn't as ****ty as I'd thought it would be.  At least he's a better actor than the **** they had playing Aquaman. :lol:

That actor was Aquaman in the failed Aquaman pilot.

Beat me to it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That was my guess as well. I just don't remember him having the whole 'burning touch' power. And an Oreo addiction.

I really hope this is the last season for this show.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif