360 games even more expensive than Xbox ones

Which is unfortunate.

I like games for more than just the graphics. Graphics are a nice "addition" and I certainly don't mind them. A great game with great graphics is better than a great game with poor graphics. But I'd much rather play a great game with poor graphics than a poor game with great graphics.

I'm not sure how it really takes away from immersion, as I still don't consider games to be exceptionally "lifelike" in any way. Even with the new consoles coming out. The best thing to keep me immersed is to provide a quality game that keeps me hooked.

To each his own however.

Edited by alanschu

Which is unfortunate.

I like games for more than just the graphics.  Graphics are a nice "addition" and I certainly don't mind them.  A great game with great graphics is better than a great game with poor graphics.  But I'd much rather play a great game with poor graphics than a poor game with great graphics.

I'm not sure how it really takes away from immersion, as I still don't consider games to be exceptionally "lifelike" in any way.  Even with the new consoles coming out.  The best thing to keep me immersed is to provide a quality game that keeps me hooked.

To each his own however.

I agree...great graphics do not necessarily make for a good game. Such as Fable, which was over hyped, and yes, graphically it did look good, but I personaly found the game play below par, and to be honest, tedious...I would rather play a game that was interesting, instead of one which just looks nice.

Tetris theme. :huh:"

Could be, it's a bit difficult to tell.

I've been pretty happy with the graphics this generation in general. I'd rather see some innovation than just making games look prettier.

Fire Emblem on the GC did suprise me, because after being used to playing on a handheld it really does look gorgeous. Generally though, i'm tough to impress with pretty pictures.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Try going back and playing older games (heck, I'm loading Deus Ex right now); the gameplay counts for far more than the graphics. The original Duke Nukem is still very playable, as is the original Half-Life (the sound helps make the atmosphere).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Try going back and playing older games (heck, I'm loading Deus Ex right now); the gameplay counts for far more than the graphics. The original Duke Nukem is still very playable, as is the original Half-Life (the sound helps make the atmosphere).

Funny you should mention that. A friend of mine and I just played through all 3 episodes of Duke3D not too long ago.

It's a bit crude but brought back some great memories!

Hey, the Apple II ;)

I played the Apple version of Wasteland on an Apple II emu. (which was 100% legal as Apple supplied both the games and the emu on their site :p )

edited: That sentence made zero sense :(

Edited by Darque